in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 03-20-2008 5:49 AM by djjkroon. 13 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (14 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 03-18-2008 7:36 PM

• rfc1
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-06-2008
    • Posts 166
    • Gold Member

Beolab 6000 "buzzing" advice.

Can anyone tell me this,  when my beosound 9000 is on but with no volume the beolab 6000 speakers always have a slight buzzing noise if you listen closely to them,  coming from roughly half way up , is this normal as i havent noticed it before now ?????

thanks sandy

• 03-19-2008 4:29 AM In reply to

• rfc1
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-06-2008
    • Posts 166
    • Gold Member

Re: Beolab 6000 "buzzing" advice.

No-one??  Its driving me mad not knowing the answer!!!...........

sandy

• 03-19-2008 5:28 AM In reply to

Try re-routing the powerlink cables away from any mains leads. Or could be interference from some other equipment on same mains circuit, suggest switch off others one by one.

Regards Graham

• 03-19-2008 5:35 AM In reply to

• rfc1
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-06-2008
    • Posts 166
    • Gold Member

joeyboygolf:
    Try re-routing the powerlink cables away from any mains leads. Or could be interference from some other equipment on same mains circuit, suggest switch off others one by one.

In that case should the speakers be completely silent when volume on the 9000 is at 0. ?

sandy

• 03-19-2008 6:53 AM In reply to

rfc1:

joeyboygolf:

In that case should the speakers be completely silent when volume on the 9000 is at 0. ?

sandy

The systems I have had have been silent even with volume set at normal levels. What happens when you turn the volume up. Buzz gets louder?

Regards Graham

• 03-19-2008 7:06 AM In reply to

happens to my BL8000's too, sometimes. The solution is than re-fix the link cables as, appearantly some bad-connection occured due to humidity or whatever. Can indeed also be the interference from power cables next to the link cable. Would suggest to just un-plug and plug all connectors or clean the plugs with some contact-spray.

• 03-19-2008 7:09 AM In reply to

• rfc1
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-06-2008
    • Posts 166
    • Gold Member

joeyboygolf:
    rfc1:

joeyboygolf:

sandy

The systems I have had have been silent even with volume set at normal levels. What happens when you turn the volume up. Buzz gets louder?

No as soon as you have any volume you cannot hear the buzz, its only noticable with no volume..

sandy

• 03-19-2008 9:05 AM In reply to

With very few exceptions, when I have dealt with this in the field it turns out that there is a lighting product on the same electrical circuit, usually a dimmer. Placing the 6000s on a circuit without a lighting product could possible solve the issue.

Hope this helps, I have dealt with it personally as well and it can drive you completely nuts. 

There is scarcely anything in this world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little more cheaply. The person who buys on price alone is this man's lawful prey. - John Ruskin

• 03-19-2008 9:14 AM In reply to

• rfc1
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-06-2008
    • Posts 166
    • Gold Member

TripEnglish:

With very few exceptions, when I have dealt with this in the field it turns out that there is a lighting product on the same electrical circuit, usually a dimmer. Placing the 6000s on a circuit without a lighting product could possible solve the issue.

Hope this helps, I have dealt with it personally as well and it can drive you completely nuts. 

Nah the beosound 9000 and the 6000's are on their own cable direct from a mains socket, 

sandy

• 03-19-2008 8:42 PM In reply to

I'm sorry, I guess I wasn't clear. Several mains sockets are grouped together on an electrical circuit. It's not an issue of a lamp being plugged into the same socket, but rather a lamp or a fixture in the same room somewhere else. 

There is scarcely anything in this world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little more cheaply. The person who buys on price alone is this man's lawful prey. - John Ruskin

• 03-20-2008 3:59 AM In reply to

• djjkroon
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-18-2007
    • Uddel, the Netherlands
    • Posts 113
    • Founder

The same happens with my BL8000. B&O the Netherlands have looked at it and they just said " It is in the design of the amps". I call it noise (high frequent). When you play music at loud levels the noise 'disapears' but listening to clasical music at low levels is not funny.

We (B&O and i) have tried, powerlink, main sockets and so on even another BS3000 and BL8000 but no change.

I am not happy with it but we have to live with it. When I got bad ears the problem will be fixed ;)

Muzies, Hans Kroon
  • 03-20-2008 5:26 AM In reply to

djjkroon:

The same happens with my BL8000. B&O the Netherlands have looked at it and they just said " It is in the design of the amps". I call it noise (high frequent). When you play music at loud levels the noise 'disapears' but listening to clasical music at low levels is not funny.

We (B&O and i) have tried, powerlink, main sockets and so on even another BS3000 and BL8000 but no change.

I am not happy with it but we have to live with it. When I got bad ears the problem will be fixed ;)

What about Belob 5

• 03-20-2008 5:32 AM In reply to

Sandy,

What TripEnglish is trying to say is that in all houses the power is on several "Ring mains". In a small house you would have a ring for downstairs sockets, another for upstairs and one for the Kitchen etc which all go back to the main box with a seperate circuit breaker. So what is being suggested is that something else on the same "Ring" could be providing the problem.

However, having said that, if the noise you hear at zero volume is "mains hum" as it is called, then you could have an earthing issue and one way to determine if this is to connect a temporary piece of wire between the metal case of the speakers and mains earth. If the problem goes away you know it is "mains hum" and that you have an earthing issue.

Regards Keith....

• 03-20-2008 5:49 AM In reply to

• djjkroon
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-18-2007
    • Uddel, the Netherlands
    • Posts 113
    • Founder

Erik-nl:
    djjkroon:

What about Belob 5

BeoLab5 Yes!

But only when the financial conditions are met ;) Ie, I would try and buy if when else then .... But if an B&O store has some spare I would and they need space, my room is not big, but I will / create space ;)

Muzies, Hans Kroon
Page 1 of 1 (14 items)