in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 03-16-2008 3:59 PM by Hagen2000. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 03-13-2008 8:33 PM

MCL2A/V suddenly not as sensitive

I used the MCL2A/V on a link system to control my TV speakers (CX-50+Cona). I also use a Lintronic box to control the TV and DVD player. This all works fine, but the MCK was always more sensitive than the Lintronic box. For example, if you hold the remote below a table and push buttons, you see the red light respond on the MCL but not the Lintronic. That isn't a problem though. Normal use you will see the red lights respond on both units. Today I noticed that the MCL now responds only to direct line-of-sight commands. At first I thought it was the Beo4 but the problem remains using the Beolink1000 or the Beocom 1 phone. I checked the front of the unit to make sure there was some dust or dirt on the front where the sensor is behind it but it was clean. Any ideas what is going on? I added the Cona last week (yea!) but I can't imagine that would affect the sensitivity. 
    Steve
  • 03-16-2008 7:59 AM In reply to

Re: MCL2A/V suddenly not as sensitive

It's quite common for the infra red sensor diode to become noisy and insensitive.The front pcb which carries the diode just unplugs,so if you have another link sensor,you could swap them over?
  • 03-16-2008 3:59 PM In reply to

Re: MCL2A/V suddenly not as sensitive

Hi,

I would be very interested in a solution, if you find any. I suffer from a similar problem, detailed in this thread: http://forum.beoworld.org/forums/thread/74301.aspx 

Hagen

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)