in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 03-10-2008 6:39 PM by bert4243. 0 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (1 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 03-10-2008 6:39 PM

Hmm [^o)] Extension Of IR Blaster - Beovision 8 to Sky+ (Plus) with Beo 5 Remote

Equipment involved: Beovision 8, Beovision 5 Remote, Sky Plus (one feed without multiroom).

Hi peeps, i'm new to this site and have a techy problem. I have recently purchased a Beovision 8 (32") and live in an apartment with one Sky feed. My Sky+ is in the front room and my Beovision 8 is in the bedroom. I have connected my Beovision 8 via the RF output on the Sky+ box and the cable length i needed was 20 metres. I used a quad shelided Ixus digital coaxial (along with a Magic Eye) which produced the best results you can expect from an RF. However my problem lies with the Beovision 5 remote. It's not compatable with Magic Eyes running via RF. After speaking to a B&O guy in Bramhall, he said the Bevision 8 has to be linked to the Sky+ box via a scart cable then added as a device before finally installing the B&O IR Blaster. Problem being the IR Blaster is only 3 metres long, does anyone know if i extend it with a cat5 cable to 20 metres would it work? Have also been advised you can do it another way round by utilising 1 of the spare (unused) scart pins at each end?

The easiest option would be to install Sky Multiroom so i've got a Sky box in my bedroom locally to the Beovision 8. However living in apartments is a grey area as they only give you 1 feed and it's almost impossible getting planning permission to allow a dedicated sat dish to be installed.

Hope somebody understands what i'm trying to say as i basically the end result im looking to achieve is to be able to use the Beovision 8 remote to change channels on my Sky+ from the bedroom. At present im using Sky Remote to change channels and Beo 5 remote to do volume, power & picture settings etc.

I'm also aware i'm only receiving a mono sound from the RF, and the scart would be stereo sound and better picture quality so i'm all for it. It's just the remote IR issue.

Someone pls help! 

Filed under: ,
Page 1 of 1 (1 items)