in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 03-15-2008 2:54 PM by beocool. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 03-10-2008 11:41 AM

• Kevin
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-15-2007
    • Posts 1,256
    • Founder

Smile [:)] My B&O - "...life's to short..." by Craig

Next up in the series is Craig with his storyCool

Remember when your story is ready send it to me in a PM and we´ll put it in the series.
    cheers,

Kevin 

Filed under:
  • 03-10-2008 11:41 AM In reply to

• Kevin
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-15-2007
    • Posts 1,256
    • Founder

Re: My B&O - "...life's to short..." by Craig

My first contact with B&O was when I was about 18 years old, I had my first car. At the time I was more interested in how many speakers and amps I could fit into my MK1 Fiesta. There was a car audio shop not far from where I lived. One day when I went there, on the counter was what I now know to be a Beocenter 2500. Even now I can just remeber looking at it, I had neveer seen anything like it at all. As I went to touch it I can remember the doors sliding open, and I was amazed. It turned out that the shop also owned a B&O deler next door. It was called Interlude I think. Every time I used to visit thr car audio shop I always looked at the B&O products next door.

Every time I got into a conversation about TV's or Hi-Fi's I would mention B&O. Most people had never even heard of it, let alone seen it. Although it was at that time just a dream I knew one day I would have to own a B&O system. Well for the next few years that is all it was just a dream. When I was around 22 my Technics system which I had for my 18th birthday decided to stop working. At the time my Wife (Now ex) was working just round the corner from a shop the sold Technics and B&O. So I went in with the intention of getting a quote to have the Technics repaired. What happened was I ended up looking at the B&O. It was the Beocenter 9300 that attracted me now. Even better was the fact i could use my existing speakers with it. Great I though, but my Wife had other ideas. So still no B&O. Well a few months after this I had the cahnce to buy a Beomaster 1000 with some Goodmans speakers for £10. Now I had my first B&O. Even better the day I got it I went to work and was talking to one of the staff. He said I have a B&O cassette deck you can have for £10. So it was joined by a Beocord 1900.

Well that was it until about 4 years ago. That was when I got connected to the internet. Soon found this fantastic website called Beoworld. Then I brought a Beocenter 9000 on Ebay. Then a few other pieces followed over the next few months. My local dealer sent me a buy now pay nothing for 12 months type offer. Should I buy some brand new B&O? Well I decided not to. Then I found out my Aunt had Cancer. She passed away just two weeks later. So I though life's to short, why not. Went to the dealers and ordered a brand new BV3-32. which I still have and love just as much as when it was new.

Well that is my B&O story.

Craig SmileSmileSmile

• 03-12-2008 2:39 AM In reply to

Great story Craig...

I remember growing up in the US...with my best friend having an older brother. They were a somewhat wealthy family and always had 2 new cadallac's and a corvette along with a 100 meter home.

This was the early 80's when monster receivers (pioneer SX-1980) were out and everyone wanted them. His older brother had the new corvette, monster recievers with HPM-150's....still remember the glass tops...sooooo cool... with a Sharp RT-4488 computer controlled cassette deck...long before the "dragon"...i think...

Well...my best friend's older brother (even with all the coolest japanese equipment) always drooled over Bang and Olufsen stuff..... so that obviously made an impression...

Then, I actually SAW the BnO equipment (the 8000 system)....and I could never forget it.... AWSOME....!!

Well...like many people, once gaining some age and wrinkles...I began searching out what I may want for a home integrated system....and it was BnO..

Well...now..2 master systems, 5 passive bedrooms, 3 active rooms later....I still love this stuff..

Thanks for the site guys !!! Your input and help is very much appreciated....

• 03-15-2008 2:54 PM In reply to

Craig, I was just wondering what happened to your initial plan of fitting as many amps and speakers in your Fiesta. Have you actually done this or gone for an upgrade in your car as well? Big Smile

Beoworld's twenty-eighth ninth prize winner and fifty-first second prize winner. Best £30 I've ever spent!

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)