in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 01-02-2008 3:07 AM by Keith Saunders. 11 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (12 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 05-02-2007 8:31 AM

DVB-T Module-- re subtitles.

As a family member is hard of hearing,the display of subtitles on DVB-T (Freeview) transmissions is important.

Yesterday,at my local dealers,we discovered that neither the BV9,nor the Beosystem 3,on their existing (not the latest) software are able to display subtitles on DVB-T transmissions.

Details of the latest software version do not mention a subtitle display fix.

The dealer has arranged for an update to be applied  to see if this fixes the problem,and has also e-mailed B & O for their advices.

Terry.

• 05-02-2007 10:13 AM In reply to

Re: DVB-T Module-- re subtitles.

Have you tried the teletext subtitles...
  • 05-02-2007 10:28 AM In reply to

• Beonut
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Essex, UK
    • Posts 89
    • Bronze Member

Subtitles work on my bs3 with the dvb-t module. I am on software 2.7 which i think is fairly upto date.

Regards

Peter 

My B&O - BS3, BV4-50, Beomedia 1, BS3200, DVD1, BL8000, BL6000, BL3, BL2, BL7.4
  • 05-02-2007 12:09 PM In reply to

Subtitles definately work on BV9 & BS3 with the DVBT module, I have seen it working.
  • 10-08-2007 7:01 AM In reply to

• Goldfrog88
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 06-07-2007
    • Melbourne, Australia
    • Posts 83
    • Gold Member

Hi Whittlesea, I'm not sure of your question, but I have tried the subtitles using the DVB-T module in a BS3 and it truncates the top lines (at least one-and-a-half; may be two-and-a-half lines). Have you come across this 'feature'?

Mike 

• 10-08-2007 10:19 AM In reply to

Terry,

Even on the very early version of software, sub-titles worked correctly.

However if you look in your options under Language you may find both set to NONE, this will turns sub-titles OFF, you need to set both sub-title sets to English or the language you want, either way this has the effect of turning sub-titles back on again.

Regards Keith....

• 10-09-2007 3:08 AM In reply to

Keith,

thanks for you advices.

My initial post was based on my demo in April of my dealer's BV9.

He subsequently advised me that there was a problem with his TV,particularly with recording subtitles,which was subsequently corrected by a software update.

Regards,

Terry.

• 10-09-2007 7:05 AM In reply to

• Goldfrog88
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 06-07-2007
    • Melbourne, Australia
    • Posts 83
    • Gold Member

Hi Peter,

I'm now using v3.1 of the software, and the subtitles work OK except for the top one-and-a-half lines when displaying subtitles (closed captions) at the top of the screen (because there's news titles or whatever at the bottom). I also have semi-transparent 'blocks' left on screen when the subtitles change from lower to higher lines on the screen. Have you come across this problem?

Mike 

• 10-09-2007 10:37 AM In reply to

Mike,

Are you sure you are using DVB/T-S version 3.1 because the latest version for DVB/T-S is 1.5 and 1.7 on the DVB/T ?

Regards Keith....

• 10-09-2007 3:55 PM In reply to

• Goldfrog88
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 06-07-2007
    • Melbourne, Australia
    • Posts 83
    • Gold Member

Keith, thanks for asking. You are quite right, the software is now 1.50a on the DVB/T-S, with 3.10a as the general processor upgrade version. I understand Struer are looking into this, but wondered if anyone else has found the issue and/or a workaround.

Kind regards, 

Mike 

• 12-30-2007 9:03 PM In reply to

• Goldfrog88
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 06-07-2007
    • Melbourne, Australia
    • Posts 83
    • Gold Member

Keith,

I have finally got word back from our local B&O store. They said the issue had at last been fixed (in Germany?), and that a software upgrade will now fix my truncation problem. Just have to wait for Service to contact me now ...

BTW Happy New Year!!!! 

• 01-02-2008 3:07 AM In reply to

Mike,

A Happy New Year to you and the very best for 2008.

I look forward to reviewing this apparent fix, but frankly I am very surprised if this was fixed in Germany, but we will see.

Regards Keith....

Page 1 of 1 (12 items)