in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 03-08-2008 5:19 PM by Alex. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 03-08-2008 4:35 PM

Hard drives system

I love the B& O sound but pennies meant I was looking at the Phillps system with the hard drive you can have it follow you around I then read some of the reveiws will not be buying the Phillps. Can I use a B&O system to do the same thing? I do have a B&O system but it old and too big.  Sorry to say cost is a factor as is the sound tried a cheepe O dear any thoughts David.  
  • 03-08-2008 5:02 PM In reply to

• Craig
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-29-2007
    • Costa Del St Evenage
    • Posts 4,855
    • Founder

Re: Hard drives system

Firstly welcome to Beoworld, What B&O sytem do you currently have? As several B&O systems were able to support a Beolink (multi room) setup. If you want the convienience of having all your music on a Hard Drive then the easiest way is to just run a lead from the soundcard of your PC.

CraigSmile

For millions of years, mankind lived just like the animals. Then something happened which unleashed the power of our imagination. We learned to talk and we learned to listen..

• 03-08-2008 5:19 PM In reply to

• Alex
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Bath & Cardiff, UK
    • Posts 2,990
    • Bronze Member

Re: Hard drives system

B&O were the first company to do this in fact, back in the 80s, and have been doing it ever since. I would recommend you go to a B&O dealer to get a grip of what it does, although it's difficult to get an idea of how well it works in a B&O store, and even more difficult to explain through BeoWorld...

As far as 'hard drive' storage of music goes, B&O offer a few solutions. The BeoSound 3200 is the most obvious, although this is a very simplified system (for the better or worse depending on how you look at it). IMO, the most up-to-date way of doing it is with the BeoPort, which will connect to BeoPort software on a PC or iTunes on a Mac and allow you to distribute the music from your computer around your B&O multi-room system...

Weekly top artists:                   

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)