in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 03-15-2008 3:26 PM by Quim43. 11 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (12 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 03-08-2008 8:21 AM

Beo5 ir. output , can the Beo4 do the same

I an trying to reproduce a command on the Beo4 that is available on the Beo5 . The command is ' Display ' in the Ps3 menu and gives a narrow banner at the top and bottom of the screen showing Chapter , Play time bar ect. . Got a NYKO and Ps3 software in the Beo7-40 mk111 . In the Beo5 configure software and in View to show the Ir. outputs it gives an output of    0:001:VTR:1:CNTL_2   , can the Beo4 reproduce this ?
    Richard
    ps. Is there anywhere a list of ir. commands and there use ( ie. Combination , CNTL , Function ect. ) ?
  • 03-11-2008 11:49 AM In reply to

Re: Beo5 ir. output , can the Beo4 do the same

Not sure why this springs to mind but have you tried GO then 2 on the Beo4?
  • 03-11-2008 3:24 PM In reply to

vinnie21:
    Not sure why this springs to mind but have you tried GO then 2 on the Beo4?

Hi Vinnie21 . That combination works , Can't believe I hadn't already tried that , nice one . Just noticed that the volume wheel on the Beo5 doesn't work when using the Ps3 , strange that , the Beo4 works the volume fine .
    Richard
  • 03-12-2008 10:52 AM In reply to

When you want to use the volume why not try going back to the zone/picture/stand page and see if that will work. Not sure why it wont work in the PS3 page, just checked the IR commands and they are the same as any other source.
  • 03-12-2008 11:42 AM In reply to

Just tried programming my Beo5 including the PS3 in the set up. The volume control still works on mine. Just out of interest are you getting error messages when you download your config onto the Beo5? I have found that if you get the error message some of the features might not work.

• 03-12-2008 1:33 PM In reply to

A few errors when I modified the set-up the shop did . One of the people from my local B&o doesn't live far from me and he called in and gave me another lesson , it downloaded then without errors . I'm having another pair of 4000's delivered tomorrow by the engineer ( who also lives not far ) so will get him to have a look at this volume problem , got a couple of issues with the Bv7-40 for him to sort out also .
    Richard
  • 03-12-2008 1:52 PM In reply to

I just set the Ps3 playing and no volume control on the wheel , but if I go back to my zone menu for that room and without selecting another source ( Bl-ray still playing and on the screen ) volume works . Going to get my camera to see if the Beo5 is outputting an ir. pulse when in Ps3 menu . 
    Richard
  • 03-12-2008 2:28 PM In reply to

I can see ir. pulses with my camera , so it's not the problem Beo5 . had the tv software updated last week to 4.2 and had Ps3 control added , have got a 5.1 sound issue with the Sony so might be linked to that .
    Richard
  • 03-14-2008 5:37 AM In reply to

Hi I would try and unplug the BeoVision from the mains for 5 mins, sometimes there is a block/freeze/lock caused by the update, sometimes this just sorts out issues that make no sense, try it, worth a shot and could save further hassle.

Not too sure about the 5.1 issue tho, although reading other posts about ps3 it seems to work when you change settings in the ps3 config.

Good luck.

• 03-15-2008 7:54 AM In reply to

The engineer hadn't got an answer to this volume wheel not working , he came to sort out a shut down problem on the Tv ( 7-40 mk111 ) would shut it self off once or twice a day . He ended up putting in the previous version of the software ( 4.12 back to 4.00 ) don't know if this is a bad move but it's cured the problem , thought it was a ML conflict on a Bv6 and Bs7000 . He also didn't know why all  the speakers didn't come on with the Sony Blu-ray so set the Tv the start up with speakers 5 by default , it seams to be 5.1 ( little output from the rears ) and not just stereo . Whatever I set the Blu-ray to ( Bitstream or Linear pmc ) the next time I used the Sony no rears .
    Richard
  • 03-15-2008 2:13 PM In reply to

Solved the no volume when in the Ps3 screen . Clicked on the wheel to view the ir. output and was different when in the Ps3 screen to all the others  , it had an extra '  1  '  in it . So went into edit , then properties of the wheel and discovered in the ir. command the format was '  001  '  , changed it to '  000  ' . Anybody know what this format 000 & 001 does ?
    Richard

• 03-15-2008 3:26 PM In reply to

• Quim43
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 11-15-2007
    • Tarragona (Catalonia)
    • Posts 1,030
    • Gold Member

I think 001 is for linked sources, and 000 for no linked sources.

Quim

Page 1 of 1 (12 items)