in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 03-10-2008 7:42 AM by damatt. 6 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 03-06-2008 10:44 PM

TV Timer

I am just wondering with if it is possible to set up a timer on my BV9 so that it will automatically switch off at a specific time each day e.g. 0000. 

I want to do this to prevent the TV being left on whilst unattended at night.

Thanks! 

• 03-06-2008 11:10 PM In reply to

• Russ
    • Top 100 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 05-07-2007
    • Washington, DC USA
    • Posts 641
    • Bronze Member

Re: TV Timer

That ought to be straightforward to set up.  Open the 'Timer' menu, and you will want to set up a 'Stand By' timer event, and set the time for all days.

Not in front of a newer video system at the moment, so can't go step-for-step, but I think you'll see it,

Russ 

We kid because we love.

Bang & Olufsen Tysons Galleria

McLean, VA USA

• 03-07-2008 5:33 PM In reply to

I could only find "program timer" under 'Timer' in the setup menu. You have to select the source as well as the start and end time. 

However, I just want the TV to be able to switch off at a particular time each day.  

• 03-07-2008 6:38 PM In reply to

Select "timer programming" and program a play timer.

Select the first line "SOURCE   TV" and press [>>] a few times it will list TV, DTV, V.AUX, etc..... and then you should be able to see "SOURCE    STANDBY"

• 03-07-2008 9:24 PM In reply to

Thanks. I will give that a try!
  • 03-10-2008 5:55 AM In reply to

What about setting the timer for the Link room?  Do I have to set it with the Master? In that case then that means I need to get out of my bed and goto the living room to switch on the master TV so that I can have the link room TV switch off as night? That sounds a bit too clumsy.
  • 03-10-2008 7:42 AM In reply to

The Timer in the BV9 / BV7 will switch off everything that is connected to that TV (also MasterLink).

Also when the main room TV is in standby.

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)