in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 05-02-2007 10:53 AM by RicardoBathUK. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 05-02-2007 2:33 AM

• Calvin
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • London
    • Posts 233
    • Bronze Member

Phones and beer resistiveness

Well, a couple months back, I was with some friends doing some filming on a Nokia N70 (which has a video camera). Anyway, it slipped out of my hands into a (full) pint glass and switched off, broken, although the memory card still had the footage. Just last night though, I tried it again, and like Lazarus, it turned on and worked perfectly.

Does anyone know how or why it now works? Also, has anyone had a similarly heart-stopping experience with their Serene?
  • 05-02-2007 2:43 AM In reply to

• Kevin
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-15-2007
    • Posts 1,256
    • Founder

Re: Phones and beer resistiveness

I have found that after droping my mobile numerous times into dishwashers the trick is to remove the battery asap and just let it dry  out naturaly.

Not tried it with a Serene thoughSmile

• 05-02-2007 3:06 AM In reply to

Nokias do seem to be rather good at this. Our family have now flushed three phones , all Nokias, and all are still working! The secret is to take them apart quickly and let them dry. Don't try and use them when at all damp.
  • 05-02-2007 9:30 AM In reply to

• Tom
    • Top 25 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Luxembourg
    • Posts 3,175
    • Bronze Member

some years ago, a friend of mine but his siemens mobiel (SL55) into the washing-machine with his clothes. after the machine had finished, she noticed it and the mobile did not work any more. she removed the battery and some days later, it worked again like nothing ever happened...

Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life. - Berthold Auerbach

• 05-02-2007 10:27 AM In reply to

Lol when people on this forum advise cleaning with alcohol, they don't mean use beer Laughing!!
  • 05-02-2007 10:53 AM In reply to

beodude:
    Lol when people on this forum advise cleaning with alcohol, they don't mean use beer Laughing!!

Wonder what alcohol works best?! Huh?

History - it's just one thing after another!

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)