in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 03-05-2008 11:56 AM by liberal. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 03-05-2008 5:21 AM

Beolab 2 powerlink trigger

I wish to connect my Beolab 2 to the pre-amp outputs of another manufacturers sound processor, and along with the line inputs, know that I need to supply a trigger voltage to pin 4 of the power link input.

I have contacted B&O, and enquired about the availability of a mysterious ‘Line Adapter’ that seems to be only available in the States, but was informed by Beocare that there is no such item, and they were unable to offer any further advice.

I have obtained a 3v regulated power supply and connected this to pin 4 and ground, to provide the necessary >2.5v required, and the Beolab 2 turns on, my only concern is that, I have been told that the trigger current required by the Beolab is significantly less than the 300ma that my power adapter provides, and I should insert a ‘current limiting resister’ somewhere, and this is where I get completely lost, as is goes way beyond my limited knowledge of electronics.

Can anyone with a better knowledge of electronics, or the Beolab 2 advise

me as I had always thought that is was ok to provide more current that is actually required as the equipment would only draw what it needed.

If I do need a current limiting resister, what value should I use, and where should I insert it.

Many thanks in advance

• 03-05-2008 5:32 AM In reply to

Re: Beolab 2 powerlink trigger

Hi

the resistor is not necessary for normal operation. You can not damage the BL2. However you may want to use a 100 Ohm resistor nonetheless to protect your power supply against a short cut in case of any incorrect connection. Simply run the positive output of your 3v power supply through a 100 Ohm resistor ("series" connection). A resistor with a maximum load of 1/8 Watt is sufficient.

Hagen

• 03-05-2008 11:56 AM In reply to

Re: Beolab 2 powerlink trigger

Thank you Hagen,

I shall follow your advice, better safe than sorry!

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)