in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 01-12-2009 2:27 PM by Hagen2000. 9 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 03-05-2008 5:16 AM

LC2 - reset sequence?

Hi,

I would like to know if there is a reset sequence for an LC2 dimmer, i.e. to reset it to factory defaults, clear individual numbering etc.

Is any information available, what the actual firmware version of the LC2 should be and what corrections have been done in the firmware?

Thanks! 

Hagen

• 03-05-2008 6:19 AM In reply to

• Kokomo
    • Top 100 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 08-21-2007
    • Spain
    • Posts 618
    • Bronze Member

Re: LC2 - reset sequence?

Hagen2000:

Hi,

I would like to know if there is a reset sequence for an LC2 dimmer, i.e. to reset it to factory defaults, clear individual numbering etc.

Is any information available, what the actual firmware version of the LC2 should be and what corrections have been done in the firmware?

Thanks! 

Don't quite follow what you want to do and why. Do you want  the LC2  not to respond to any number whatsoever and just respond to Light Light without having any number allocated? Why wouldn't you want to allocate it a number or change it from its present one?

• 03-05-2008 6:44 AM In reply to

• Ignace
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-30-2007
    • Moderator - NL
    • Posts 2,749
    • Founder

LIGHT, GOTO, 0, STORE, 4

restore factory default setting for ordinary light-bulbs

• 03-05-2008 8:41 AM In reply to

kokomo:
    Hagen2000:

Hi,

Thanks! 

Don't quite follow what you want to do and why. Do you want  the LC2  not to respond to any number whatsoever and just respond to Light Light without having any number allocated? Why wouldn't you want to allocate it a number or change it from its present one?

1. Yes, I want to be sure that there is no individual number assigend to the LC2 (setting it to number 0 seems to work but the manual doesn´t mention this). May be there are other parameters that need to be reset. That is why I asked for a reset sequence. B.t.w. LIGHT LIGHT always addresses all LC2, their individual numbering is irrelevant in this case.

2. A second reason is that one of my LC2 seems not to react to the sequence LIGHT GOTO 0 STORE 1 - programming the on/off function to "off". After disconnecting and reconnecting the mains, the lamp is lit up even though it shouldn´t.

3. The LC2 seems to be able to "remember" the brightness level that shall be activated when power goes off and on again. I assume that there exist further programming steps not explained in the manual to control this function.

4. In the english manual I found also LINK LIGHT pictures that are not explained in the german manual.

Hagen

• 03-05-2008 8:42 AM In reply to

Ignace:

LIGHT, GOTO, 0, STORE, 4

Hi Ignace,

this applies only to the choice of "energy saving lamps or ordinary light-bulbs" but not for other settings. 

Hagen

• 03-05-2008 10:39 AM In reply to

• Kokomo
    • Top 100 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 08-21-2007
    • Spain
    • Posts 618
    • Bronze Member

On your first point, If you  just want the light to operate as an on/off/dimmer switch having no number assigned to it, then it seems an LC2 is an expensive option for this when a more simple and cheaper standard dimmer switch would suffice. Unless you have all the available numbers in use for various light pictures using different other LC2s you may have, why not just assign it to any number, say # 9, then just avoid pressing this on your RC and use the LC2 directly?

On your second point, you probably know this (but I didn't at first!) ensure you are touching the LC2 whilst programming the on/off option.

• 03-05-2008 10:50 AM In reply to

• Ignace
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-30-2007
    • Moderator - NL
    • Posts 2,749
    • Founder

Hagen2000:
    Ignace:

LIGHT, GOTO, 0, STORE, 4

Hi Ignace,

this applies only to the choice of "energy saving lamps or ordinary light-bulbs" but not for other settings. 

Hi, yes.

What about the other "return to factory default" setting :

(while touching the dome)  

LIGHT, GOTO, 0, STORE, 2 ? 

• 03-06-2008 2:08 AM In reply to

@kokomo

A standard dimmer can not be controlled by the B&O remote control...

@Ignace

Yes, I know this too!

--- 

I was just looking for a global reset sequence, that can not be found in the standard operating manual. Something that might be found in a service manual or something like this.

Hagen

• 01-11-2009 2:55 PM In reply to

2): I had the same problem but it worked when i pressed Store again after the command. Perhaps there are different versions?

• 01-12-2009 2:27 PM In reply to

Interesting point. I will check this next time...

Hagen

Page 1 of 1 (10 items)