in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 09-25-2008 4:57 PM by crooks_walcot. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 03-03-2008 4:30 AM

only ringing 1 or 2 3 times

Hello!

My Beocom 6000 is only ringing short 1 2 or 3 times after that display is dead but I can still answer the phone.

I can not find anything in the book Is there someone out there who can help me out?

Setting  2 Beocom 6000 +Loading docks +  Beoline base and Beotalk 1200 answermachine

CHRIS / Holland 

Filed under:
  • 03-03-2008 6:43 AM In reply to

Re: only ringing 1 or 2 3 times

To clarify you fault situation, you appear to have two Beocom 6000's with one giving this problem, is that correct ?

Regards Keith....

• 08-17-2008 2:15 AM In reply to

HI - we have a similar problem, more often there is a long paue after the 1st or 2nd ring before the system rings again - all phone react the same. We have 3 BeoCOM 6000 MK2 and a BEOCom2. Any idea much appreciated.
  • 08-18-2008 2:16 AM In reply to

Here at work the phones are VOIP phones.

Once in a while the phone acts weird. 

- the phone only rings once

- the connection fails with the person I talk to.

Do you use VOIP?

• 08-18-2008 2:56 AM In reply to

I am assuming that you are using your phones on the standard analogue PSTN (Public switched telephone network) and not via a converter/router ? Please confirm..

Assuming that you are using your Beocom's on a standard analogue phone line, then it is unlikely to be the phones themselves at fault. As the phones react to the "Ring Indicator" signal from the exchange. However, it could be caused by one of the following:-

• A fault in the phone exchange.
    • If the line is also used for broadband (ADSL) then one of the microfilters could be faulty.
    • If the line is also used by broadband, it could also be caused by the router.

I suggest you connect just one phone on the first phone point connected to the incoming phone line and leave everything else disconnected and test it. If you still have the problem, then your problem is almost certainly going to be a fault in the public phone exchange and you will need to call teh phone company.

Regards Keith....

• 09-25-2008 4:57 PM In reply to

Many thanks for the advise, we ahve been away but will check out your suggestion. Yes it is a PSTN line with ADSL.

Regards,

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)