in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 03-03-2008 9:34 PM by beoaus. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 03-02-2008 6:24 PM

• beoaus
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Melbourne, Australia
    • Posts 445
    • Founder

Beogram 6000 - Servo motor

The small white pully wheel at the end of the servo motor has melted.  Does anyone have a spare part?

Thanks Beoaus.

• 03-03-2008 9:09 AM In reply to

• yachadm
    • Top 100 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 06-24-2007
    • Jerusalem, Israel
    • Posts 687
    • Bronze Member

Re: Beogram 6000 - Servo motor

Hi BeoAus,

Would you mind sharing with us how this white wheel melted?

All it has on it is a low-tension rubber belt!!!!

At first thought, I'd be looking inside Chinese toys with motors, to see if they have similar parts.

Also, broken CD-ROM drives from computers - most of them have a drive mechanism which uses a similar belt-wheel setup - ask your local computer shop if you can salvage from their junk pile.

I've looked through my junk pile, and that of my son who loves dismantling things, but nothing in the size you want. 

Regards

Menahem

Learn from the mistakes of others - you'll not live long enough to make them all yourself!

• 03-03-2008 9:34 PM In reply to

• beoaus
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Melbourne, Australia
    • Posts 445
    • Founder

Re: Beogram 6000 - Servo motor

The turntable would not stop spinning or switch off. I opened it up and found the white spindle had melted. The servo had been turning without me knowing for some days and the band was to its side. rubbing against the molten white wheel.. Looks like the wheel was loose on the spindle and the band held it, generating heat over time. The white wheel melted from the inside. The unit was serviced a while ago and had little use. UnsureUnsure..

Beoaus....

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)