in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 03-08-2008 11:07 PM by SWISS_2. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 03-01-2008 1:26 PM

• axl
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 02-10-2008
    • Posts 5
    • Silver Member

Linking PC sound directly

Hi all!

I'm looking for a way to start my BeoPort in PC sound mode from a link room. That is, I want to hear the PC sound in a link room without turning on n.radio or n.music. The PC button doesn't seem to do what I want. The main reason is that I have a music player which I want to use instead of BeoPort itself. I don't care that I can't change tracks, etc from the link room, I just want the option to listen to what my PC player is playing right now without having to turn on n.music and then walk over to the PC to get it to shut up the BeoPort player.

/axl

• 03-08-2008 11:23 AM In reply to

• wogga383
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 06-07-2007
    • Longridge, Lancs
    • Posts 108
    • Gold Member

Re: Linking PC sound directly

Hi, i have found i can listen to what media player is playing, or whatever is coming out of the pc sound card in my link room by switching to n.music from my link room then pressing stop to cease playing an n.music track.

Unfortunately i also know i have post if you don't disable pc sounds.

Hope this helps

• 03-08-2008 11:07 PM In reply to

• SWISS_2
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Neuchatel, Suisse
    • Posts 552
    • Gold Member

Re: Linking PC sound directly

You can also do this with N.RADIO.

Find a Government radio station on the N.RADIO guide that is not used much. I found the California Senate Committee Room 2040 to be vacant most of the time.

You can then make it a favorite, click on it, and then play Media Centre or Mediaplayer through that station.

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)