in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 03-01-2008 10:55 AM by jk1002. 14 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (15 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 02-29-2008 4:54 PM

• Movie
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-18-2007
    • Posts 90
    • Bronze Member

New BeoVision 4

Now that it is on B&O site how long should it be before dealers have  it.
  • 02-29-2008 5:20 PM In reply to

Re: New BeoVision 4

http://www.bang-olufsen.com/page.asp?id=446

"BeoVision 4 provides the best picture experience of any plasma screen currently on the market."

So not the best picture quality, but the best picture experience? 

• 02-29-2008 6:02 PM In reply to

Sorry about the above post, but the comment was just too much of a brick toss to be let go. Waiting to pounce on some marketing guy's linguistic flourish is really cheap.

To answer the OP, the new panels are expected here in the US in the next few weeks. Having spent some time with one I have to say that the ACM system is the most valuable asset in the video portfolio as it is essentially pure practicality. Who wants to have their panel, no matter what the make, age slowly over time. Now you don't have to! It's like video botox.

And I would also say that the picture continues to be the best in the industry. I think that Europe must get different panels because ours are so clearly superior to the competition that many of us here feel that B&O has finally gotten back to "Avant" status with the latest generation of 1080p panels. They just look jaw dropping. But that's just one erudite and handsome man's opinion.  

There is scarcely anything in this world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little more cheaply. The person who buys on price alone is this man's lawful prey. - John Ruskin

• 02-29-2008 6:05 PM In reply to

• PL212
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2007
    • Moderator - Seattle
    • Posts 318
    • Bronze Member

(I've removed one post from this thread which could be mistaken for a personal attack; I think TripEnglish's second post, above, more accurately reflects his thoughts on B&O's video line. Carry on!)
  • 02-29-2008 7:25 PM In reply to

• Russ
    • Top 100 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 05-07-2007
    • Washington, DC USA
    • Posts 641
    • Bronze Member

I will have to agree with Trip that that damatt's post seems intentionally incendiary, particularly in light of the debate going on in a handful of other video-related threads here on BeoWorld. 

Automobile manufacturers brag about the driving experience, restaurants drone on and on about the dining experience, this is a common thread in high-end marketing.  Providing a first class experience can't be done without providing top quality ingredients, preparation, planning and execution, no matter what the end product is.  Bang & Olufsen spend huge amounts of resources judging their own products (and their competitor's) based on human reactions to those products, not just generating numbers, graphs and specifications.

In talking about B&O speaker portfolio, members of this forum often note the purpose and effect of the 'listening panel'.  Products are judged in blind testing, to determine if the human beings actually 'like' the sound.  Computers, meters, and probes all have their place, but the final arbiter is the human ear. 

There is, likewise, a 'viewing panel' and the effect of this method is clearly obvious.  Allow me to tell a personal anecdote:  at the B&O shop in Northern Virginia just a couple of years ago there was a BeoVision 5 MKI which was (as you must know) only 480p.  It stood opposite a Fujitsu 42" panel showing a gaudy 1024x1024 picture.  When placed equidistant between these two screen, and shown an identical picture from an identical source, real people invariably remarked that the BV-5 was 'higher definition' than the Fujitsu.  This is the effect of quality experience over quality specifications.

Specifications are just statistics, and we all know about statistics.

Russ 

We kid because we love.

Bang & Olufsen Tysons Galleria

McLean, VA USA

• 02-29-2008 7:26 PM In reply to

• Russ
    • Top 100 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 05-07-2007
    • Washington, DC USA
    • Posts 641
    • Bronze Member

Do wonder what Trip said to get his wrist slapped though. 

Devil

Russ 

We kid because we love.

McLean, VA USA

• 02-29-2008 7:36 PM In reply to

• symmes
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-21-2007
    • Freedonia
    • Posts 290
    • Bronze Member

Do wonder what Trip said to get his wrist slapped though.

He forgot his "place".

r

• 02-29-2008 7:58 PM In reply to

Right you are Ray. I guess I need to let the south rub off on me a bit more. Northern living seems to have "coarsened" me.Big Smile

There is scarcely anything in this world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little more cheaply. The person who buys on price alone is this man's lawful prey. - John Ruskin

• 02-29-2008 8:10 PM In reply to

Very nice to see that the mechanical wizardry has been added. I even can see how the speaker can look good in certain settings.

A video of the camera in action would have been nice.

JK 

BS9000, BS2300, BC2, BL2500, BL3, Bl2, BS1, BV8, BC4, A8

• 02-29-2008 10:12 PM In reply to

• SWISS_2
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Neuchatel, Suisse
    • Posts 552
    • Gold Member

Questions for those in the know:

1. Is the Bikini-shaped speaker below the screen attached, or can be spaced as needed ?

2. What is the HD picture spec capability ?

3. Weight ?   Thickness ?

4. PAL, PAL-M, PAL-N ? ( Or is this capable via the BS 3 ? )

5. Beolink capable ( similar to the BV 8 ? )

Grateful for any guidance you can shed on the subject to the uninlightened.

• 03-01-2008 9:17 AM In reply to

Sorry I do not know how to post the link, but there is a video of the camera on the Beovision 4 in action on Youtube.

Beovision 7-55 with Beolab 7-4, 9s and 4000s

Beovision 10-40 with Beolab 1s and 6000s

Beosound 1, 5, 2000, and 3000

Beotime, Beotalk, Beocoms

• 03-01-2008 10:29 AM In reply to

Hi Swiss,

We can't yet answer all of your questions, but here are a few:

1)  Won't be certan untill an actual BeoLab 10 speaker is seen 'in the wild'.

2) Picture spec ought to be comparable to the current BV-4 (1920x1080, etc.)

3) All the pysical specs are listed on the page for you.  I won't bother giving you the English specs, as you'd just have to convert to metric.

4 & 5) BeoSystem 3 handles all of these issues for you, just as on the current BV-4/9/7-MKIII.

• 03-01-2008 10:33 AM In reply to

• SWISS_2
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Neuchatel, Suisse
    • Posts 552
    • Gold Member

Thank you Trip.

• 03-01-2008 10:34 AM In reply to

• Russ
    • Top 100 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 05-07-2007
    • Washington, DC USA
    • Posts 641
    • Bronze Member

Here is the youtube address:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VPVBNDk2PJA

We kid because we love.

McLean, VA USA

• 03-01-2008 10:55 AM In reply to

For the speaker, I think in general the acoustic lense should be around the height where your ears are when in listening position. Keep in mind it bounces sound left and right but not up and down.

I guess there is also an optimal height for the screen and  I would think B&O considered that in their design of the overall thing. 

BS9000, BS2300, BC2, BL2500, BL3, Bl2, BS1, BV8, BC4, A8

Page 1 of 1 (15 items)