in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 03-01-2008 4:47 PM by jk1002. 11 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (12 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 02-29-2008 2:18 PM

• Munin
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Posts 99
    • Bronze Member

Hmm [^o)] BL10+BL5+BL3+BS3+Projector

What do you think of this setup ?
    And which TV would you add? 
    BTW ... do you need the BS3? 

• 02-29-2008 8:14 PM In reply to

Re: BL10+BL5+BL3+BS3+Projector

Yes you will need the BS3 for surround. It might make sense for you to keep your BV7 around and just use the projector as an add on.

Make sure you can control the light in the room where you want to use it. I am still happy with mine, however I want a TV for casual viewing. If you decide not to invest in BS3 and watch mostly DVD you can most likely get away with a normal non HD one, which is quite cheap. 

I have a Infocus IN72 and am quite happy with it for the occasional movie night.

JK 

BS9000, BS2300, BC2, BL2500, BL3, Bl2, BS1, BV8, BC4, A8

• 03-01-2008 1:06 AM In reply to

• kawo
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Posts 516
    • Founder

Munin:
    What do you think of this setup ?
    And which TV would you add? 
    BTW ... do you need the BS3? 

My setup is almost like the one you have suggested, I have a BV4-50 like Panasonic comercial panel for "casual" TV and a JVC HD1 projector for the "big" movie expirience.

You may want to consider that a wall mounted speaker like the lab10 could be partly covered by the screen for the projector. At least in my setup I have a multi format motorized screen which covers the BV4 even in the 21:9 format because parts of the silver frame is not what you would like to see as a "highlight" watching a movie..... http://www.kinozuhause.de/davision_multiformat.php (I have extended the blackdrop at the end of the screen by 20cm)

According to the pictures I have seen the acustic lens of the lab 10 is very close to the frame of a BV4 for a "nice" look. From my point of view hard to achieve a good viewig expierence for the plasma/lcd without mounting it to high, a nice look of the BV4/lab 10 combo and a screen covering the TV.

So I have a lab 7.4 which is not wall mounted. It stands on a low board and the screen comes down behind the center speaker.

regards

Karsten 

BV4-50, Beosystem 3, Beolab 5, Beolab 3, BV3-32, BV1, BS9000, Beolab 4, Beolab 2000, Beo4 Cinema

• 03-01-2008 9:49 AM In reply to

x

• 03-01-2008 11:38 AM In reply to

• Munin
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Posts 99
    • Bronze Member

Thanx for the good suggestions ... I guess my best option is to keep the BV7 and let a projector screen come down in front of it stopping just before covering the lens. Thing is that I would prefer a small TV for daily viewing and a large display with surround and lenses etc for the movies. Started to think of BL10 as a more good looking option than a stand alone BL 7.4 ... and then a small TV at right angle by the sofa (BV8?, BV6?)  

But the truth is that what I really want is something that B&O haven't built yet. A solution that doesn't require motorized curtains - a solution that is at the end of development in the same way as BL5 is. I want the Beovision X! A rollable OLED-screen with the lens-equipped centerspeaker at its lower end. 

Imagine that the centerspeaker rotates in a B&Oish way on its way up. When lowered the elements point forward, but when approaching the ceiling they rotate upwards, docking with the mothership with it's white LEDSs blinking as the speakers come back home ;-)

Maybe there could be room for three lenses tracking peoples voices in the movie but also making it possible to have just a small part of the screen active when watching the weather channel or daily news. Rollable OLED screens have already been produced, not just big enough yet, but that should be just a matter of a few years. OLED-displays can be "printed" with modified ink-jet-printers (Yes thats true - it's just plastics). Imagine what that will do to the price ;-)

Munin

• 03-01-2008 1:55 PM In reply to

• kawo
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Posts 516
    • Founder

This one could be something for you :-)

http://www.screenresearch.com/wing.php

A motorized screen with build in LS

Karsten 

BV4-50, Beosystem 3, Beolab 5, Beolab 3, BV3-32, BV1, BS9000, Beolab 4, Beolab 2000, Beo4 Cinema

• 03-01-2008 3:11 PM In reply to

• Munin
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Posts 99
    • Bronze Member

Wow ... this is something B&O should look into. Clearly this has more potential for beauty than a projector screen + BL10 ... and we should not talk about screen + BL7.4 ... this is in my opinion quite ugly. It becomes OK if BL7.4 is part of a BV7 ... but on it's own it is just bad. BL10 is better but still not good. The solution on http://www.screenresearch.com/wing.php is close to what I suggested, lacking only the lens technology (and of course projector instead of rollable OLED). However, B&O could modify this and produce a projector + screen-with-speaker solution right now. And then when OLED has matured - just skip the projector. Good future that would be.

/Munin

PS Even if  Screen Research's solution is interesting ... when it comes to design it is no good at all. B&O could make something out of this. They already have the BL3500. That's a good start. 

• 03-01-2008 3:47 PM In reply to

I understand BV8 doesn't do video out for a projector. Not sure if BV6 BC6 can do that either, it/s not available in the US so not an option for me.

Maybe a BV7 32 if it ever will be upgraded could be good, but if I were you I would keep as is and just add the projector and screen.

Cheers

JK 

• 03-01-2008 3:51 PM In reply to

• Munin
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Posts 99
    • Bronze Member

I guees you are right JK ... It is definitely the cheapest way ... I don't know how to keep out the light though ... my apartment is built out of windows ... I guess it will be late night movies ...

/M 

• 03-01-2008 3:56 PM In reply to

I have the same problem, even though I have curtains all over. Ok they are white, but still curtains.

Evening movies are no problem though, I just ordered a BV8 for the day. I have the infocus In72 and for movie nights on the weekends I have no problems at all, picture is pretty good for DVD watching. 

Cheers

JK 

• 03-01-2008 4:20 PM In reply to

• Munin
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Posts 99
    • Bronze Member

A BV8 ... congrats ... could you describe your setup JK (I now that you might have done so already several times but please). Do you have any pics? As you noticed I have the BV7-40 ... very nice TV (even without Blueray). My problem is that my livingroom is rather elongated. Two chairs and a sofa at one end and BV7, BL5:s at the other. Even at 40" the BV7 looks small at that distance. And a BV7-46 would be much to dominating (and still to small). Therefor I've been thinking of the BS3-right-angle-solution. A small TV (really small) in my seating area ... and a projector screen at the opposite end of the room. The BV7-40 will be to large for "right-angle-close-up-placement" a BV8 would be much better. This is the background to my posting. BL10 seemed as a decent alternative - more pretty than stand alone BL7.4 ... but still I am not convinced.

/M 

• 03-01-2008 4:47 PM In reply to

In the living room I have an Imac that houses many of my DVDs and my CDs. That can be controlled through a Beo4.

The imac is connected to a BS9000 for sound, I have BL3 and Bl2 for speakers.

The Imac is also connected to an Infocus IN72 projector.

What happens next is, the Imac will be moved out of the living room. It reminds me of work so it has to go.

It will be replaced by the BV8 with BC2 and Apple TV. The BS9000 will be put into option 0 and remain as a CD changer connected through Aux with the BC2.

The projector will be connected when needed to either Apple TV or BC2. Is not the best solution, but here in US we have limited options for TVs and 40" was to big for my small condo.

I have made the BV8 decision mostly based on sound. The speech was much much clearer then through BL3 alone and that was the biggest problem that I had in the past (not a native english speaker in US, so clarity of speech is crucial for me). 

I will report back next week how this all played out and upload a picture as well.

Cheers

JK 

Page 1 of 1 (12 items)