in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 01-23-2011 2:36 PM by tournedos. 35 replies.
Page 2 of 2 (36 items) < Previous 1 2
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-16-2011 2:18 PM In reply to

Re: Beomaster 2000 (type 2801)

This is definitely one of the best looking pieces. And guess what, I even have the white one. Big Smile

Also got the matching Beogram. All complete with manuals and delivery notes from 1976. Right from the first owner.

Took me more than half a year to restore this thing…but now I'm almost finished!

All the small things…the presets were all stuck, the keys were loose, the dial was broken (a mounting for one of the small wheels was completely broken), the cord snapped, the cord pulley broken...

And that is just the master. The Beogram had a seized motor and a stuck tonearm lift...

I tried your solution, but unfortunately 14V/80mA for the dial bulb doesn't work here. Tuning and stereo lights are very, very dim. Guess I will just get Martin's kit...

• 01-16-2011 2:45 PM In reply to

I have one as well with the same oissues on the master tuning dial. It is partially restored but still has a loud buzzing noise present when powered up.

Havent done a whole lot with it since I last messed with it almost a year ago. One of these days !!!!

• 01-16-2011 3:41 PM In reply to

I am currently looking for a white one, which i think looks a lot better and more valuable than black/wood. I also think the same applies for quite many B&O products. Black for some reason reminds me of plastic and audio equipment made by any other brand than B&O. :)

-Olli

• 01-22-2011 7:18 AM In reply to

Alright, disregard that previous post. 14V 80mA indeed works just fine. I just shouldn't have tested it in the basement. Wink

The dial broke again after just one week. Someone got a spare? I'm really losing my patience here...

• 01-22-2011 8:08 AM In reply to

Very cool Beomaster. I get flashes back to the late '70s.

My mom's parents had on of these and I was playing around with the big wheels. It must have laid the B&O virus early on I belive.

• 01-22-2011 3:07 PM In reply to

Several hours and a lot of swearing later:

Dial is finally working. I hope it stays that way...

Reassembled and….it works!

• 01-22-2011 3:12 PM In reply to

ablaumeise:
    Several hours and a lot of swearing later:

Yes -  thumbs up

The dial was highly annoying! I had to redo both of mine, and was ripping my hair out over why it always got stuck somewhere in the middle after I assembled the covers. The spring guide that leads the power wires to the pointer light needs to be assembled correctly, otherwise it'll sag and bind on the higher components below once you put the lid on...

-mika

• 01-22-2011 4:22 PM In reply to

ablaumeise:

Reassembled and….it works!

looks simply marvellous -- congratulations ! 

First B&O (1976) was a Beogram 1500 ... latest (2011) change has been to couple the BL11 with the BL6Ks *sounds superb*

• 01-23-2011 1:47 PM In reply to

The now complete setup (of course playing a white LP Big Smile):

The Beogram finally works, but the motor is rather noisy. Guess I'll have to disassemble it once more...

• 01-23-2011 2:21 PM In reply to

ablaumeise:

The now complete setup (of course playing a white LP Big Smile):

The Beogram finally works, but the motor is rather noisy. Guess I'll have to disassemble it once more...

Great set-up! My white BM2000 was a small-ad purchase, non working, and was restored by Martin.  For some reason we can't get a reliable and strong enough FM signal where we are for the stereo decoder to work properly (usually it's off, or cuts-in with a hissy signal). I tend to use it via the tape socket with an internet radio decoder. Sounds fantastic playing into white S45's. When not listening to BBC Radio 4, more often than not we have Radio Paradise (radioparadise.com) playing....... great music selection with no banal DJ talking.

Graham

I used to be indecisive, now I'm not so sure. [W C Fields]

• 01-23-2011 2:36 PM In reply to

vikinger:
    When not listening to BBC Radio 4, more often than not we have Radio Paradise (radioparadise.com) playing....... great music selection with no banal DJ talking.

One of my favourites as well. Probably half of the stuff they play, I've never heard of before, and I like most of it! And the playback quality of the better streams is excellent.

I had my "spare part" 2000 at the office for a while before I replaced it with a BC8000. I have ceiling mounted RL60.2's over there. One of the cow-orkers test drove it one time when I wasn't around, and commented "...that thing is LOUD!". Indeed, it packs a lot more than the form factor would have you expect.

-mika

Page 2 of 2 (36 items) < Previous 1 2