in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 02-24-2008 12:50 PM by Peter. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 02-24-2008 6:59 AM

• olisa
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 02-24-2008
    • Posts 3
    • Bronze Member

Newbie needs step by step advice

Hi.  I would appreciate it if you guys could help here.  I bought my 1st B&O last year.  Since then I have decided to set up a home cinema.

I have a Panasonic plasma(non HD),Toshiba DVD player, Beosystem 2 processor, Beolab 8000 front speakers, Beolab 4000 centre speakers, Beolab 3 rear surround speakers, and 2 Beolab 2 subwoofers.  I also have the Beosound 9000 which I understand I now have connect through Masterlink(not so sure how that works!)

Please offer step by step advice as to how I should connect each and every appliance and how to operate it as I'm new to this... 

...and yes, I want all this equipment in the same room.

Best regards

Olisa 

• 02-24-2008 7:15 AM In reply to

Re: Newbie needs step by step advice

The user and reference manuals for the Beosystem 2 are on site for silver and gold members.

In essence, connect all the speakers to the Beosystem 2 . The sockets at the back are marked .  The DVD player will connect to the AV socket and set it as Video Aux. The Beosystem 2 will need the IR eye attaching and the BS9000 will attach using an ML lead. You will need to option set the BS2 to option 2 and the BS9000 to option 0. You do this with the beo4 - List and Standby at the same time and then scroll till you reach Option? Choose A.Opt? press 0 and Go. Then V.Opt  and 2 and Go. The equipment should be in stand by when you do this.

You need the manuals!! You might be able to download them free from the official B&O site.

Welcome to Beoworld. 

• 02-24-2008 11:06 AM In reply to

• olisa
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 02-24-2008
    • Posts 3
    • Bronze Member

Thanks Peter.  I will have to look into upgrading my membership.

One important question; do I connect the TV to BS2(scart perhaps)? And what about the cable box(decoder/set top box)? Where does it go?

The BS2 actually came with some literature but it seems tailored strictly for the Beovision 4. 

• 02-24-2008 12:50 PM In reply to

The normal connection is via the RGB and RS232 sockets on the BS2. The set top box connects via Scart and digital in if it has one.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)