in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 02-24-2008 3:11 PM by a2bur. 9 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 02-23-2008 7:09 AM

Sky+ problem

Hello . Having a problem with Sky+ commands on ITV2 & ITV3 . When either is pressed it seams to miss the middle ' 1 ' in the command , the small Sky+  number box that appears ( same one if you key in numbers on the Beo4 ) shows ' 18- ' but should be 118 and the same for 119 ( 19- ) , it hangs waiting for the last of  three numbers  . All other Sky channels work fine and have looked in the Configuration edit and view and it outputs the correct CIFFER numbers when tested in there .
    The shop first set this up for me but I have been altering a few things but not any of the Sky+ , I've been adding a few Logo's to the home screen , I have cameras in some aviaries and now have a cockatoo Logo to select it and an old Beolit to call radio , working on a BeoVision 3400 to call Tv.
    Richard
  • 02-23-2008 7:28 AM In reply to

Re: Sky+ problem

Richard,

You do not say so, but as you use the word CIFFER numbers and logos you are talking about using the Beo5 and of course you are in the Beo5 forum.

The problem is almost certainly caused by the fact that the dealer/you did not put a delay into the command string, hence why it misses the centre number. add a 200ms delay after the first and second number

Regards Keith....

• 02-23-2008 8:10 AM In reply to

Hello Keith . Sorry I didn't make it clear , but do have the Beo5 and config. software . I have put in the delay as suggested but couldn't put it between commands only after the last CIFFER_ in the list ( first CIFFER highlighted blue , click delay and add 200ms , but puts it after the last CIFFER ) , is this correct or do I have to delete the CIFFERS and add again ? Looking at the Sky channel numbers I'm using ITV 2 & 3 are the only one's with consecutive numbers ( 118 & 119 ) . 
    Richard
  • 02-23-2008 8:21 AM In reply to

Richard,

Due to a small bug in the software, you will have to delete the CIFFERs and then add them again with the delay after the first and second CIFFER

Regards Keith....

• 02-23-2008 8:53 AM In reply to

Hello Keith . I will try it first between the CIFFER_1's as it appears not to like consecutive numbers to quick  ( 118 & 119 ) . 
    Richard
  • 02-23-2008 3:17 PM In reply to

• JoC
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 08-20-2007
    • Northern Ireland
    • Posts 121
    • Bronze Member

Keith Saunders:
    The problem is almost certainly caused by the fact that the dealer/you did not put a delay into the command string, hence why it misses the centre number. add a 200ms delay after the first and second number

Humph, that probably explains why my Beo5 wont switch to BBC3 (Ch. 115).

But then after an hours drive to the dealer to find out it works in his shop, to an hours drive home and it not working (again), I thought it was my Sky+ box playing silly buggers. Brilliant. Yet more driving back to the dealer for a 10sec change. Indifferent

• 02-24-2008 2:49 AM In reply to

Haven't put the delay in yet , will when I re-configure next . It's not the fault of the Beo5 the Tv needs processing  time to send the pulse to the sat box . I get a delay problem when using fast forward on recordings in Sky+ , mustn't be to quick with repeated Go Arrow to fast forward ( with a Beo4 ) , have to have a couple of seconds gap between each step up to get to the fastest , don't think that long a delay can be programmed into the Beo5 to get to the fastest with one command ( or can it by having say 10 delays in a row ? ) . Be interesting to see if the 7-40's any quicker .
    Richard

• 02-24-2008 5:10 AM In reply to

You can put in a stack of delays in the config. program but 450 ms. is the maximum per delay , not certain how long 450 ms. is are we talking 1/2 a second ?
    Richard
  • 02-24-2008 6:13 AM In reply to

Not had a problem with this. I just put in the longest single delay and it works. Is the IR blaster in the right spot on the Sky+ box? Which Sky+ box are you using. I now have a Pace which is so much better than my old Amstrad that it hurts! Quiet, quick and reliable. There is a chap on eBay who sells them for about £100 - I bought one when the Sky+ Amstrad went bang - 2 days after the warranty ran out. Seems to be a recurring theme this!
  • 02-24-2008 3:11 PM In reply to

Peter :
    Not had a problem with this. I just put in the longest single delay and it works. Is the IR blaster in the right spot on the Sky+ box? Which Sky+ box are you using. I now have a Pace which is so much better than my old Amstrad that it hurts! Quiet, quick and reliable. There is a chap on eBay who sells them for about £100 - I bought one when the Sky+ Amstrad went bang - 2 days after the warranty ran out. Seems to be a recurring theme this!

I have a Pace box also and never had a problem , I'm convinced the fault I had this morning with some commands not responding was in the Bv3 Stb-c and 20 min. powder down fixed that . Still find  I have to take my time ( and always have ) when stepping up/down fast forward Go Arrow , a couple of seconds between each . Then Go to resume normal play but takes 3 or 4 seconds to react .

Richard

Page 1 of 1 (10 items)