in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 03-12-2008 3:19 AM by OKF. 9 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 02-22-2008 10:37 AM

• OKF
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-22-2008
    • Posts 204
    • Bronze Member

Beo5 Software

Hi@ all

I am reading here that a lot of people have the software to program the remote control. I wonder how I can get hold of this software preferably in German?

Also is it right that the password is only for the access to the dealer system and that it is not needed to program the rc?

Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks & regards

Oliver

Best regards Oliver

• 02-23-2008 1:04 PM In reply to

• OKF
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-22-2008
    • Posts 204
    • Bronze Member

Re: Beo5 Software

?

Best regards Oliver

• 02-23-2008 1:16 PM In reply to

The software is only available to dealers and they have been told not to give it to customers. We also cannot be seen to be distributing it as this would undoubtedly sour our relationship with B&O. I believe a number of members do have it though.
  • 02-23-2008 2:55 PM In reply to

• Beophile
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-18-2007
    • Washington, DC
    • Posts 42
    • Bronze Member

My friend and I each received a Beo5 from different dealers in the US and for each of us the dealer did not properly program the Beo5.  I have lots of experience with both B&O and programming custom remote controls that use “non-public” software.  Thus, I would love be able to fix my friends and my Beo5.  So if anyone was able to get the software, I would really love to hear from you. Thanks!

• 02-24-2008 1:19 PM In reply to

I really wonder about this strategy of not distributing the software and forcing the customers to bring their device back to the dealer every time they want to adjust an option.  This would be akin to a shoe store forcing you to bring back your shoes when you want to put new shoe laces on them!

I suspect the days of the dedicated, limited functionality remote control are numbered.  Something like an iPod Touch or a Crackberry would be far more compact, configurable, and cheaper than any remote control.  Configuring a remote control to operate a home theater is not particle physics.  There is no reason that dealers should have to do this.  Let them do the tougher jobs like wiring homes and performing complex installations.

• 02-25-2008 9:01 AM In reply to

• OKF
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-22-2008
    • Posts 204
    • Bronze Member

Okay I understand. I would appreciate a meber contacting me for the software. It is very annoying that B+O does not want to give the software away. When you ring them you can only talk to an answering machine and never get a call back. This is supposed to be a company at the high end of the market? 

Still my second question is not answered:

Also is it right that the password is only for the access to the dealer system and that it is not needed to program the rc?

Best regards Oliver

• 02-25-2008 9:38 AM In reply to

>> Also is it right that the password is only for the access to the dealer system and that it is not needed to program the rc?

Yes Smile

/Frank

• 03-11-2008 11:54 AM In reply to

• aksli
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 03-11-2008
    • Posts 1
    • Bronze Member

I have taken my Beo 5 back to the dealers 3 times now and everytime they still do not get it working right.

is the software really out there somewhere? I see the dealers messing around with it like fish out of water and I would really like to have a crack at it myself.

Can someone point me in the right direction?

A.

• 03-11-2008 3:56 PM In reply to

The dealers will have to give out this software in the end if a lot of customers become disgruntled and frosty over having to go back to the shop for alterations and more upset if it doesn't work when they get home . B&o will end up with some cynical ex customers . I find the software isn't that friendly , you need some experienced guidance , a more friendly version is needed to give to customers , let the shop do the basic set-up and give the customer a cut down friendly program they can fiddle with , but include a reset , so if you screw it up you can get it back to how the shop set it and start again .
    Richard
  • 03-12-2008 3:19 AM In reply to

• OKF
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-22-2008
    • Posts 204
    • Bronze Member

yes the will have to and they do but as you say the software would need a bit more of a help function. Does anybody have any list of explanations for all the IR commands or any link to them?

Best regards Oliver

Page 1 of 1 (10 items)