in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 08-27-2008 12:36 PM by mr_anders_son. 23 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (24 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 02-22-2008 5:18 AM

• TS4
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 12-23-2007
    • Posts 12
    • Bronze Member

PS3 on/off with Beo5??

Hello!

I use the USB-IR dongle of the Nyko and it works fantastic with my Beo5 (PUC of BV7-40 MkIII). How am I able to switch the PS3 on/ off with the Beo5? Do I ´have to add some commands? I used the standard commands offered by the configuration tool..

Thanks for help
    TS4

• 02-22-2008 7:09 AM In reply to

Re: PS3 on/off with Beo5??

Unfortunately, you can't control the on/off of the PS3 with just the USB-IR dongle. The dongle requires the power from the USB in order to receive IR commands. There is, however, a recent solution by Schmartz that provides on/off control by attaching a sticker to the on/off touch-sensitive button; however, the cost is $50. My understanding is that the Schmartz device uses a different code-set than the Nyko device.

Since I am usually inserting a Blu-Ray disk anyway when I'm starting the PS3, the lack of "on" control by remote hasn't bothered me. I just wish that Sony would add an option for the PS3 to automatically power off after a period of non-use. I tend to forget to turn the PS3 off. 

• 02-22-2008 10:51 AM In reply to

TS4:

Hello!

I use the USB-IR dongle of the Nyko and it works fantastic with my Beo5 (PUC of BV7-40 MkIII). How am I able to switch the PS3 on/ off with the Beo5? Do I ´have to add some commands? I used the standard commands offered by the configuration tool..

Thanks for help
    TS4

can you navigate 100 % or is it working only when you play DVDs?

If so use this: www.schmartz.com

I have that one and it works 100% AND on/off 

• 02-27-2008 2:16 AM In reply to

• TS4
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 12-23-2007
    • Posts 12
    • Bronze Member

If i buy the Schmartz-thing, what do i get? Is it a sticker? Or an USB-dongle? And the most important question: How am i able to use the ON/Off-button with the beo5?? I have added the "V.MEM" Menus of the PS3 with the beo5-config-tool and installed the NYKO-USB-dongle and i am able to control 100-1% of the PS3, only on/off misses. Which buttons of the beo5 will control on/off when buying this schmartz-thing? Thanks for any further detail Regards TS4
  • 02-27-2008 11:09 AM In reply to

TS4:
    If i buy the Schmartz-thing, what do i get? Is it a sticker? Or an USB-dongle? And the most important question: How am i able to use the ON/Off-button with the beo5?? I have added the "V.MEM" Menus of the PS3 with the beo5-config-tool and installed the NYKO-USB-dongle and i am able to control 100-1% of the PS3, only on/off misses. Which buttons of the beo5 will control on/off when buying this schmartz-thing? Thanks for any further detail Regards TS4

Schmartz is a USBdongel and a wire with a copper stick that you put on over on/off button on PS3. Very easy!!

The command is: ON = 1 OFF = 0.

So when I press DVD on my Beo5 its sends DVD+1 (Macro)

I have Nyko too, but Schmartz is much better I think and looks more sleek if you have PS3 "in sight"

more info here: http://www.schmartz.com/product.sc;jsessionid=02365C002C45E4C70CEBB10F90B83B4D.qscweb24?categoryId=1&productId=4 

• 02-27-2008 1:59 PM In reply to

• TS4
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 12-23-2007
    • Posts 12
    • Bronze Member

Ok. This sounds interesting. Do you use the original PS3-Menus of the config tool on your Beo5? Or did you program totally new ones? At the moment i have to press v.mem on the Beo5 and have the buttons of the PS3 on the next page. Why do you (mr anders(son)) need a BM1 if you have a PS3?? I installed yellow dog Linux on the PS3 and have a complete computer on my BV7-40!!
  • 02-28-2008 2:22 AM In reply to

I use a Sony DVD NS95 in PUC list and it works 99.9%. 

I have done my own buttons in Beo5 

I had BM1 before PS3 ;-).

The downside with PS3 is that you can not use it in linkroom if it´s connected with HDMI!

This yellow dog thing, can you explain more what it is please? 

• 03-04-2008 3:02 AM In reply to

I get Ps3 in my link room , don't know if I can control it yet in the link room till I configure the Beo5 with the Nyko . Would prefer to use the Beo4 in there , my dealer is coming on Friday to flash my Bv7-40 so I can .
    Richard
  • 03-04-2008 3:14 AM In reply to

a2bur:
    I get Ps3 in my link room , don't know if I can control it yet in the link room till I configure the Beo5 with the Nyko . Would prefer to use the Beo4 in there , my dealer is coming on Friday to flash my Bv7-40 so I can .
    Richard

have you PS3 and BV7 in linkroom ?

• 03-04-2008 7:03 AM In reply to

Sorry I jumped the gun here . set-up is Bv7-40 main room + Ps3 via Hdmi , Bv6-22 in link room . They put the Bv7 Tv in last Friday and I asked if all functions on the new set ( Sky , Dvd ect. ) were available on the Bv6  , he said yes but I didn't try the Sony and it is not there . But having the Tv flashed on Thursday to put Ps3 in the box list  and they are going to put in a Rf modulator ( apparently no Modulator in the Bv7 ) so I can get Dvd2 ( sony Ps3 ) in the link room and hopefully also control it .
    Richard
  • 03-04-2008 7:15 AM In reply to

you can control PS3 from linkroom BUT no picture or audio if you connected it with HDMI ;-(
  • 03-04-2008 10:17 AM In reply to

I'm having Sky HD installed tomorrow , the B&o man said I will need the Scart connecting as well as the Hdmi so as to get Sky on the Link Tv . Is this a way to get the Ps3 on the Link Tv by connecting the AV Multi Out on the Ps3 to the Bv7 scart , but still have the Hdmi cable also to the 7 for HD ?
    Richard
  • 03-04-2008 10:32 AM In reply to

a2bur:
    I'm having Sky HD installed tomorrow , the B&o man said I will need the Scart connecting as well as the Hdmi so as to get Sky on the Link Tv . Is this a way to get the Ps3 on the Link Tv by connecting the AV Multi Out on the Ps3 to the Bv7 scart , but still have the Hdmi cable also to the 7 for HD ?
    Richard

No, you can only choose one connection in PS3 menu :-(

and BV7 can not route HDMI signal to link room 

• 03-04-2008 10:42 AM In reply to

Just spoken to the B&o engineer and he also said the Ps3 might switch of the other sockets if the Hdmi is in use . Looks like the only way is to have a set of mirrors to get a picture into a link room , bit like the Egyptians did to get light into the Pyramids . [:'(]
    Richard
  • 03-21-2008 7:24 AM In reply to

hello,

I have just purchased the smartz-usb thing. but i cant get rhe ps3 to react to the ir signal from my beo5 remote.

I have it on V.AUX. is this correct??? please write instructions how to config. I have a Beovision 8.

//Kalle

• 03-21-2008 7:55 AM In reply to

You must have Sony DVD (Sony NS975V)  in your STB list. Do you have that?

• 03-21-2008 11:21 AM In reply to

Yes, I have that in my list. Should I use that? I also have Playstation 3 in the list. but neither of them works.

//Kalle

• 03-21-2008 11:35 AM In reply to

Yes, not PS3. It only works with Nyko remote(www.nyko.com)

I asume that you have stb ir cable to schmartz ir dongle? 

• 03-21-2008 12:11 PM In reply to

I am confused. isn´t the whole point to use the Beo5 remote against PS3???

So what you are saying is that I still need the nyko remote?

//Kalle

• 03-21-2008 12:28 PM In reply to

Beo5 can not pilot any other brand direct for now

No need for nyko if you have schmartz 

• 03-29-2008 5:24 AM In reply to

• JarLuo
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 03-29-2008
    • Göteborg/Gothenburg
    • Posts 1
    • Bronze Member

Re: PS3 New ir dongel

Hi ...

I.m a new user here in BeoWorld ,

Have read much about sollution for the PS3 whit ir-dongles.

Here is a new product that i found in a gaming news site.

Hope this is helpfull in some way

http://ir2bt.com/

• 03-29-2008 5:36 AM In reply to

Re: PS3 New ir dongel

Ok I have use schmarts solution now for a month and I  am sorry to say that I will NOT recommend this!!!!

The on/off feature works from time to time

And now when Sony has realese the latest FW, ON function does not work anymore

So I recommend to use Nyko meanwhile and wait for ir2bt comes 

• 08-27-2008 11:33 AM In reply to

• PIX
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 08-27-2008
    • Posts 1
    • Bronze Member

Just for info Schmartz have released a new device for the PS3 that will convert IR to BT and it supports all the 51 ps3 remote keys includning the PS key and power ON/OFF. It's called PS3IR-PRO check it out here http://www.schmartstuff.com/ps3irpr3.html

_______________ Martin, Denmark BV7MK3 BL4 BL2 BC3500 BL3000 BV8 Beo5
  • 08-27-2008 12:36 PM In reply to

PIX:

Just for info Schmartz have released a new device for the PS3 that will convert IR to BT and it supports all the 51 ps3 remote keys includning the PS key and power ON/OFF. It's called PS3IR-PRO check it out here http://www.schmartstuff.com/ps3irpr3.html

Haven´t you read this thread???

Old news Wink 

Page 1 of 1 (24 items)