in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 02-29-2008 7:10 PM by a2bur. 37 replies.
Page 1 of 2 (38 items) 1 2 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 02-20-2008 10:54 AM

• moxxey
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-14-2007
    • South West, UK
    • Posts 2,360
    • Bronze Member

BV7-40 MKIII - what happened to the SD pixelisation fix?

Afternoon,

Posted this in another thread, but what happened with the planned SD-based pixelisation 'fix' planned for sw 4.01? My BV7-40 MKIII was updated to sw 4.01 at the weekend, but SD content is the same as before and there's no sharpness setting in the customer service menu.

Beolab, what happened?

• 02-21-2008 6:51 AM In reply to

Re: BV7-40 MKIII - what happened to the SD pixelisation fix?

Hi moxxey, I still have the "flashes" on the screen even after my upgrade to sw 4.0, when watching bluray-movies. In the "picture-meny", how do you put your "size" of the picture?

Beolab 5 with sw 3.0,  BV7-55 3D without Bluray(MK II), Beolab 7-4, Beolab 4000 MKII, Beolab 3500, Beovox CX100, Beosound 9000 mkIII, Cabinett 2054, Beo4 MKII, Oppo BDP-93 Blurayplayer (B&O-version)

• 02-21-2008 7:17 AM In reply to

• moxxey
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-14-2007
    • South West, UK
    • Posts 2,360
    • Bronze Member

martin01:
    Hi moxxey, I still have the "flashes" on the screen even after my upgrade to sw 4.0, when watching bluray-movies. In the "picture-meny", how do you put your "size" of the picture?

It's definitely gone on my screen...but that's with sw 4.01, which is a month newer than the 4.0 release.

However, I do notice an odd issue that the screen can take ages to pull open the curtains, before it shows HDMI-based content. For instance, turn the TV on on a morning and Sky HD will take more than twice as long to appear. Not annoyingly bad, but definitely takes a lot longer to wake up than previously. This only applies to HDMI-based content.

I don't think the size of the picture makes any difference. I'm not at home at the moment, so I can't check either.

• 02-21-2008 7:18 AM In reply to

• moxxey
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-14-2007
    • South West, UK
    • Posts 2,360
    • Bronze Member

On a sidenote, the are many modules that the dealer needs to update. For instance the PIM required a software update, from what I remember. Perhaps you need to ask your dealer to make sure every software upgradable part of your TV is fully up-to-date?
  • 02-21-2008 9:19 AM In reply to

Hi Moxxey. My PIM-sw is 1.5, upgraded from 1.2. Which software do you have for your PIM?

/Martin

Beolab 5 with sw 3.0,  BV7-55 3D without Bluray(MK II), Beolab 7-4, Beolab 4000 MKII, Beolab 3500, Beovox CX100, Beosound 9000 mkIII, Cabinett 2054, Beo4 MKII, Oppo BDP-93 Blurayplayer (B&O-version)

• 02-22-2008 4:54 AM In reply to

Hi, I got this letter from B&O this morning regarding the "flash"-problem. So, they are now aware about the problem and my solve it soon, hopefully.

Dear Mr Stroem,

For your information we are now looking at this problem here at Bang & Olufsen. We will let you know when the involved department will come to a conclusion.

Kind regards
    Bang & Olufsen a/s

Mette Krabbe Helmholt
    BeoCare

• 02-22-2008 7:08 AM In reply to

• moxxey
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-14-2007
    • South West, UK
    • Posts 2,360
    • Bronze Member

I've got to be honest....I've seen the white flash problem again *after* the software upgrade. Not showing blu-ray DVDs though, that's fixed. I see it when displaying content on the PS3, in 1080p mode.

I only did this for the first time last night and saw the white flash on at least 10 occassions. So, it's gone on DVDs, but shows when showing 1080p content from the PS3. Bizarre. Plain bizarre.

Now, I could actually live with this as it doesn't affect my general TV, PS3 games, the internal DVD player or blu-ray DVDs. However, it's still annoying that it's not completely disappeared.

• 02-23-2008 4:39 AM In reply to

Apparently a new version of the BeoSystem 3 and BV7 MkIII firmware gets released this Monday. Does anyone with connections into the Service systems know what the update contains?
  • 02-23-2008 5:05 AM In reply to

• Beolab
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 05-18-2007
    • Sweden
    • Posts 535
    • Bronze Member

moxxey:

Afternoon,

Posted this in another thread, but what happened with the planned SD-based pixelisation 'fix' planned for sw 4.01? My BV7-40 MKIII was updated to sw 4.01 at the weekend, but SD content is the same as before and there's no sharpness setting in the customer service menu.

Beolab, what happened?

Hi moxxey! The sharpness setting is only a link from the service menu to the costumer service menu. It means that this setting is meant for Beo dealers not the costumer. The mail i published here at Beoworld was a Service inside mail for the dealers only. 

Go in to the costumer service menu ( Menu + then set the marker at OPTIONS + hit the Red button twice then Go ! )

Now you Can see:

Customer Service Menu

SW VER

HW VER

ADJUSTMENTS ( Under adjustments you can turn on "Promotion Mode" an then see how the Vision Clear  work´s live)

PICTURE ADJUSTMENTS (Sharpness settings)

SCREEN INFORMATION

SIGNAL INFO

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

And i have heard from a surce that in the 4.03 update the 24p and 30p will be able..

We can only hope it´s true! ;)

Regards  

BL8000 MkII Black

• 02-23-2008 6:26 AM In reply to

Beolab:
    moxxey:

Afternoon,

Beolab, what happened?

Hi moxxey! The sharpness setting is only a link from the service menu to the costumer service menu. It means that this setting is meant for Beo dealers not the costumer. The mail i published here at Beoworld was a Service inside mail for the dealers only. 

Go in to the costumer service menu ( Menu + then set the marker at OPTIONS + hit the Red button twice then Go ! )

Now you Can see:

Customer Service Menu

SW VER

HW VER

ADJUSTMENTS ( Under adjustments you can turn on "Promotion Mode" an then see how the Vision Clear  work´s live)

PICTURE ADJUSTMENTS (Sharpness settings)

SCREEN INFORMATION

SIGNAL INFO

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

And i have heard from a surce that in the 4.03 update the 24p and 30p will be able..

We can only hope it´s true! ;)

Regards  

Hello . I have a BV7-40 on order that is to be delivered next Friday , should I insist that it has this 4.03 update and if not wait till a set is available with it ?
    Richard
  • 02-23-2008 6:32 AM In reply to

• moxxey
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-14-2007
    • South West, UK
    • Posts 2,360
    • Bronze Member

Beolab:

Keep us informed about that. 24fps support is a worthwhile inclusion for playing back Blu-ray DVDs. Mind you, I don't think my dealer would be too happy returning soon to perform another software update. Why these can't be performed more easily, quickly, or by the end user, is beyond me. I suppose the positive thing is that it *can* be updated!

The 'white flash' issue has definitely gone on Blu-ray playback, but still present when using the PS3 menu system, but only in 1080p mode! I guess I need to test a 1080p-based PS3 game, but I don't know if I have one at the moment.

• 02-23-2008 7:55 AM In reply to

• moxxey
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-14-2007
    • South West, UK
    • Posts 2,360
    • Bronze Member

a2bur:
    Hello . I have a BV7-40 on order that is to be delivered next Friday , should I insist that it has this 4.03 update and if not wait till a set is available with it ?
    Richard

I wouldn't wait. Even your dealer may be unaware of the sw revision of shipped BV7-40's. Why not make it a condition of purchase that you should receive at least one software upgrade, as part of the price? Your TV should ship with sw 4.00a, at the very minimum, as I think that was released in January.

• 02-23-2008 10:32 AM In reply to

That's Ok then , as long as it can be upgraded .

Richard

• 02-25-2008 4:25 PM In reply to

moxxey:

I've got to be honest....I've seen the white flash problem again *after* the software upgrade. Not showing blu-ray DVDs though, that's fixed. I see it when displaying content on the PS3, in 1080p mode.

I only did this for the first time last night and saw the white flash on at least 10 occassions. So, it's gone on DVDs, but shows when showing 1080p content from the PS3. Bizarre. Plain bizarre.

Now, I could actually live with this as it doesn't affect my general TV, PS3 games, the internal DVD player or blu-ray DVDs. However, it's still annoying that it's not completely disappeared.

Did your dealer replace the PIM module when he did the SW update?

• 02-25-2008 6:01 PM In reply to

• moxxey
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-14-2007
    • South West, UK
    • Posts 2,360
    • Bronze Member

The Stig - ver. 1.7:

Did your dealer replace the PIM module when he did the SW update?

No, he said he didn't need it to be replaced. Besides, this is (or was at the time) a 5 week old TV! I think I'd be rather miffed if it required a hardware replacement after 5 weeks of ownership.

Are you definitely sure the PIM module needs replacing? If so, why so early after the TV was launched?

• 02-26-2008 3:28 AM In reply to

Hi guys, I have read the information to my dealer about the software upgrade to 4.0. In this informationen it says that you also need to replace the PIM-module. So I´m going to do that.

Regards Martin

• 02-26-2008 3:31 AM In reply to

To Moxxey! Which Sw do you have for your PIM-module? I have 1.5 and it was an upgrade from 1.2.

• 02-26-2008 5:11 AM In reply to

• moxxey
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-14-2007
    • South West, UK
    • Posts 2,360
    • Bronze Member

I don't know, but I do know that the dealer upgraded every part of the TV that could be software upgraded. I think the PIM module was software upgraded.

Are you saying that the PIM module definitely needs replacing? Any news on sw 4.03?

• 02-26-2008 2:29 PM In reply to

Yes you need a new PIM pcb do to hardware err.
  • 02-26-2008 3:06 PM In reply to

• moxxey
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-14-2007
    • South West, UK
    • Posts 2,360
    • Bronze Member

Oh god. In that case, I think it's easier to get a new TV! :(
  • 02-26-2008 4:26 PM In reply to

Moxey, i have had the same problems with my BV7MKIII, ie. white flashes etc. which i have had since Dec 07. I have informed my dealer who is looking into the problem for me. You mentioned that since your software upgrade the curtains take longer open when tuning into Sky. On my set the curtains only open when turning on to DVD or digital freeview, when turning on Sky the curtains do not open but the picture just appears in one go. Was the same thing happening to your set before the upgrade or is this a fault with my set.
    sammy davis
  • 02-26-2008 4:34 PM In reply to

• moxxey
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-14-2007
    • South West, UK
    • Posts 2,360
    • Bronze Member

No, that wasn't happening. On Sky HD the curtains appear. However, it does take a LOT longer for a picture to appear, after switching on the TV (ie. pressing 'V.MEM'). Sometimes I think there's a problem as it takes a lot longer to appear. It's the same on Sky as it is on the DVB-T, although Sky takes longer to appear on-screen. It's about 12 seconds from pressing 'V.MEM'! It feels longer.

So, white flashes on DVDs, gone. White flashes on PS3 in 1080p mode, present. However, this is a 1080p TV, so it's going to auto-default to 1080p mode and I don't want to view it in a lower resolution simply to avoid the white flashes. That was a reason for purchasing the MKIII.

On a sidenote though, Sky HD never showed the curtains on my old BV7-32. The picture went straight on and off.

• 02-26-2008 5:09 PM In reply to

Cheers, will have to call my dealer in the morn. I also had a BV7 32 which the curtains did not operate on sky, however on my new set they only work on Sky when switching off. Also the STB controller is not switching the Sky box off. Have tried all settings but no joy, looks like my dealer will be busy!
    sammy davis
  • 02-26-2008 6:16 PM In reply to

• moxxey
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-14-2007
    • South West, UK
    • Posts 2,360
    • Bronze Member

I don't bother getting the controller to turn off the Sky box....as often it doesn't turn it on, either! Often I'd have to manually switch the STB back on and, now it's situated on the wall behind the TV, it's almost impossible to turn on/off manually, without knocking in to the TV.

Best let the box auto-manage it's own sleep and it will sleep after a period of time, then come back online when required.

• 02-26-2008 6:20 PM In reply to

• moxxey
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-14-2007
    • South West, UK
    • Posts 2,360
    • Bronze Member

BTW, sorry if I wasn't clear....when I said 'a LOT longer', above, I meant since it has been upgraded to sw 4.01. Sky HD used to start immediately - within a couple of seconds of pressing the button on the Beo4. Now it's around 10-12 seconds!
Page 1 of 2 (38 items) 1 2 Next >