in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 02-19-2008 11:44 AM by jk1002. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 02-19-2008 6:39 AM

• symmes
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-21-2007
    • Freedonia
    • Posts 290
    • Bronze Member

A new Mac question...

I really appreciate the help you guys give me on these Mac systems, and thanks again, in advance.  My client has a mac (and future BeoPort) in the kitchen and will have Apple TV hooked to BeoSystem 3 in the Den (as I think about it, is BeoPort even of value here, given Apple TV?). 

In a link room will be a BeoSound 4.  Given the display characteristics of the BS4, what is the best solution for him to have visual control of iTunes in the link room?  He doesn't want to have to guess which song, folder, etc to choose from.  Will BeoPort allow "folder view" on BS4?  Is it better to have another apple TV and monitor in the link room? 

Thanks 

Ray

• 02-19-2008 11:44 AM In reply to

Re: A new Mac question...

I saw the beoport attached to a BS4 once. While it is OK for basic navigation, It doesn't let you browse the library like you can lets say with an Ipod or a Apple TV.

Did you consider simply attaching an Ipod to the BS4? You just have to sync every now and then. If you search here, there are Ipod Docks with integreated Beo 4 sensor so that you even get basic control (User Ridax is selling those). For me that would be a good solution giving that Beosound 5 might just be the nea rperfect solution that everybody craves.

You could also give the Wireless Ipod touch a shot, if you search here, some use that as a 2 way remote. But you would need to fiddle your way through the setup of the software on it. Not sure how easy that is.

JK

BS9000, BS2300, BC2, BL2500, BL3, Bl2, BS1, BV8, BC4, A8

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)