in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 02-19-2008 1:47 PM by 850volan. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 02-18-2008 2:14 AM

Beocom 3 isdn to analog line

Hi!

I just happened to get a Beocom 3 isdn.  i just wonder if i could use it with my existing analog line? The phone came without power adapter(can anyone tell me how many volts is the adapter?) The jack that comes out of the phone is wider than RJ11. That's all i have . How could i connect it to make it work? The jack uses four wires black ,red ,green,yellow.  Can anyone tell me which wire is for phone signal and which wire is for power? Thank you.

Filed under:
  • 02-18-2008 5:58 AM In reply to

Re: Beocom 3 isdn to analog line

The simple answer is NO

The long answer as I understand it, is that two versions were produced, the North American version which was used with the PSTN (Public Switching Telephone Network) and a European version which was ISDN for some countries. As far as I am aware it was never sold in the UK mainly because ISDN was only really used by businesses in the UK.

B&O did produce an A/B switch which was an adapter box which converted digital signals from ISDN to analogue signals to be used by other analogue phones. It would mean you could make two simultaneous phone calls one from the Beo 3 ISDN and one from an analogue phone connected to the converter box.

If you really want to use the Beocom 3 ISDN, then your only option would be a converter, one such product is HERE but quite an expensive option and in my view not really worthwhile.

Regards Keith....

• 02-19-2008 1:47 PM In reply to

Re: Beocom 3 isdn to analog line

Thank you for the reply It would be a waste if i couldn't use it. I think it's the most handsome corded B&O phone. I first doubted if i could use it but i still bought it because it looks so good. By the way,do you know how many volts is the power adapter for Beocom 3? I'll try to get it to work anyway. You're the man Keith!!
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)