in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 04-30-2007 4:11 PM by Peter. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 04-30-2007 9:24 AM

New Soundsmith cartridge!

The boys at Soundsmith have brought out a new audiophile cartridge called the voice! I'll do an article on it tonight if I get permission. For those of us with Beogram 8002s, it could be quite an upgrade! Anyone live near them so we could get an unbiased audition?!
  • 04-30-2007 1:03 PM In reply to

• benkap
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Oslo, Norway
    • Posts 162
    • Bronze Member

Re: New Soundsmith cartridge!

Great news for audiophile Beogrammists but seriously, and I know I'm nitpicking here, at $1600 I would expect the cartridge not only to meet top demands in terms of sound quality but also to be a perfect cosmetic match to my turntable. The Voice is nowhere near that!

I know that you don't actually even see the cartridge in normal use on a BG8002 but I also know that cosmetics in B&O is a big issue to many like it is to me and I wouldn't even think of buying a cartridge at that kind of money if it didn't look exactly like an original MMC cartridge.

The Voice 

Filed under:
  • 04-30-2007 1:18 PM In reply to

I am in discussion with them at present about doing silver instead of black MMC20 cartridges! So I know what you mean! However the Voice cartridge does seem something special so I could be tempted!
  • 04-30-2007 3:38 PM In reply to

• benkap
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Oslo, Norway
    • Posts 162
    • Bronze Member

They should definitely make some silver ones. Maybe like B&O have a distinction in color depending on which end of the range is in question.

Personally, as I have two CL's, I'm not going to need a new cartridge anytime soon but when I do need one I would be happy to purchase a silver Soundsmith. 

• 04-30-2007 4:11 PM In reply to

I have quite a few CLs (!!) but my SMMC20EN sounds better than any of them!
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)