in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 02-18-2008 3:21 PM by waterlander2004. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 02-17-2008 1:56 PM

DVD-1

Since about a year ago my DVD-1 seems to be becoming less and less reliable. After having played for about half an hour it starts making ticking noises, skipping tracks and soon thereafter it can't read the disk anymore. I have to switch the unit off, let it cool down and a little later can use it again, but only for a short while until the same cycle repeats itself. This happens equally with home 'burnt' as well as with purchased, brand-new DVD's.

Has anyone else experienced this, and is there an explanation (and fix) for this phenomenon? Bad capacitors? This unit is not that old, we bought it new about 4 or 5 years ago.

Thanks for sharing your feedback, regards, Eric 

September 2009 1st prize winner.... 

• 02-17-2008 2:25 PM In reply to

• Craig
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-29-2007
    • Costa Del St Evenage
    • Posts 4,855
    • Founder

Re: DVD-1

Just a guess but I wonder if there is a dry solder joint somewhere. It may be okay when it is cold but as it warms there is some expansion and it causes a bad connection.

CraigSmile

For millions of years, mankind lived just like the animals. Then something happened which unleashed the power of our imagination. We learned to talk and we learned to listen..

• 02-17-2008 2:26 PM In reply to

Try the unit upside down or on the side ;) That's no joke...

The gravity of our earth has some effect on the lense of the laser and bends it more and more downwards... so, try it.

• 02-18-2008 3:21 PM In reply to

Thanks Craig, Thanks Die,

Will give it a try over the coming weekend. Appreciate your suggestions and hope that this will help identify and hopefully lead to fixing the problem! 

Best regards, Eric 

September 2009 1st prize winner.... 

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)