in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 08-27-2008 4:37 PM by Alex. 20 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (21 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 02-16-2008 8:00 PM

Apple TV - What PUC Software Version does Fast Scrolling

1 or 2 users reported that they had success with the Apple TV and fast scrolling. I think with BV7 MK3, the BS 3 version.

Does someone know the PUC/STB version name? I looked at BV8 today and it had only Ipod Dock and Apple remote. I am pretty sure that these 2 do not support the fast scrolling in Apple TV or Frontrow.

Thanks

JK 

BS9000, BS2300, BC2, BL2500, BL3, Bl2, BS1, BV8, BC4, A8

• 02-17-2008 3:54 AM In reply to

Re: Apple TV - What PUC Software Version does Fast Scrolling

I'm one of the lucky few that had success.

Indeed it's with a BV7 MK3.

Here's the stuff I get from the Customer Service Menu under SW VER. Looks like the STB PUC version is called 05.02b. And the entry is called "iPod Remote".

H8 SW: 03.50a
    H8 BOOTLOADER: 01.10a
    IOP SW: 23.00a
    M2 SW: 03.10a
    STAT DISP SW: 02.00a
    M2 STB TABLE: 05.02b
    PW STB TABLE: 05.02b
    DSM DSP SW: 03.00a
    DSM FEP SW: 03.10a
    DVD FEP SW: 01.10a
    AVS FEP SW: 03.10a
    DVE FEP SW: 03.40a
    PW SW: 03.70a
    PW BOOTLOADER: 01.00a
    DVE FPGA SW: 02.50a
    PIN FEP SW: 01.30a 
  • 02-17-2008 9:12 AM In reply to

Hi,

thanks. And the Beo4 reallly behaves the same as the Apple Remote? In regards to usability, there is no difference? Compared to Apple Remote you would not improved a thing? 

Thanks

JK 

• 02-17-2008 9:57 AM In reply to

• symmes
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-21-2007
    • Freedonia
    • Posts 290
    • Bronze Member

This is a great thread, and I have what is hopefully a simple questionn to you.  It sure does blow MY mind.  My client has an Apple TV.  He is buying a B&O system and will integrate the Apple TV.  If I hook up the Apple TV to BeoSystem 3, will it connect wireless to his Mac and play on his BeoVision?  What will I call it on the remote?  Are there any caveats to good performance?  Thanks for your response, Ray.
  • 02-17-2008 4:44 PM In reply to

Yes, Beo4 behaves the same as the Apple Remote. The only difference is the mapping. You don't use the MENU button on the Beo4, but the EXIT when you want to go back a menu.

2 things could be improved:

- the BV7 doesn't shut down the AppleTV although I have set up the BV7 to do so.

- fast forwarding Music skips the running song, then fast forwards. Probably has to do with the way the Beo4 acts when you press and hold the >> button (Beo4 will first send RIGHT, then RIGHT LONG IR code).

Fast forwarding music is not a big deal for me; I never do that. I'd rather have the shutdown fixed.

• 02-17-2008 4:50 PM In reply to

Symmes: I know other people weren't able to get the BV7 - AppleTV combination to work (PUC Software wise). Looks like there's some different versions of PUC software out there that works and doesn't work.

As for your wireless question; yes, ofcourse the AppleTV can connect wireless. Standard out-of-the-box.

With the BV7 I can put it under various buttons on the remote; used to put it under "PC", but now have the AppleTV under V.MEM. Keeps me from having to press LIST first.

And with regards to performance. I don't really understand what you're asking there. 

• 02-17-2008 9:19 PM In reply to

Thanks Kjeld,

I think I am pretty much settled on adding a BV8 with BC2 to my living room. I send a note to the B&O customer service to confirm the Apple TV question for the Bv8, will post an update here once I hear from them. 

Cheers

JK 

• 02-19-2008 6:06 AM In reply to

• symmes
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-21-2007
    • Freedonia
    • Posts 290
    • Bronze Member

kjeld2,

Thanks for your helpful reply.  My question about good performance was referring to "tweaks".  Sorry for the confusion.  Ray

• 02-24-2008 1:45 PM In reply to

Knows anyone here if Apple TV can send out picture from HDMI and Component at the same time?

What I mean if you can call up picture in Linkroom via component even if it is connected with HMDI to my BV9 and component 

• 02-25-2008 9:23 PM In reply to

http://forum.beoworld.org/forums/thread/85254.aspx

So I searched some more. I think the anwser for the Apple TV is above. They had a working version, but current version does not. And kjeld is one lucky guy.

STB for BV7 MK3 and BV8 is the same, same update software (service tool mk2) should be used so there is hope that we get this some time soon.

JK 

• 03-05-2008 11:54 AM In reply to

Is it possible to control th Apple TV with a bv6
  • 03-05-2008 12:19 PM In reply to

I think basic control like up down left right might be possible. With BV7 MKIII there was a new STB controller introduced and I am guessing you will need that one.

Besides Kjeld, nobody really managed to get teh fast scrolling work and without it's not really useable.

Cheers

JK

• 03-05-2008 12:29 PM In reply to

jk1002:

I think basic control like up down left right might be possible. With BV7 MKIII there was a new STB controller introduced and I am guessing you will need that one.

Besides Kjeld, nobody really managed to get teh fast scrolling work and without it's not really useable.

Cheers

JK

Fast scrolling works!!!!

I have BV9 and tested a Apple TV and use "Apple TV Australia" in PUClist and it works 100% 

• 03-05-2008 1:41 PM In reply to

Would you mind posting your softwareversion of the STB / TV.

Since BV9 is BS3 based as is BV7 we might get lucky.

• 03-05-2008 2:07 PM In reply to

I have made my own PUClist with IR Table generator

Your dealer can do this 

• 03-07-2008 8:10 PM In reply to

I just got it working on my BV8. I chose Ipod remote, I do not know yet how to display the software version but it is the US version. It fast scrolls. The danish are amazing ....

Cheers

JK 

• 03-11-2008 8:12 AM In reply to

Got working too with Ipod.  Yes the are
  • 03-11-2008 8:12 AM In reply to

Got working too with Ipod remote.  Yes the are
  • 08-27-2008 2:22 AM In reply to

Hello all, forgive the basic / novice questions. I have placed an order for a new Beosystem 3, Bel lab 10, Beovision 4, Samsung Projector and Stewart screen. A large order for me. I will also be ading a Playstation 3 or Panasonic BW 500 Blu Ray recorder to this. I am now wondering if I should also get an Apple TV as I have an Itunes account. I also have a 15" Powerbook and Apple airport expres wireless system.

Q1: Does the Apple TV connect to the BS 3 via HDMI ?

Q2: If I do this will I be able to use the Beo4 and Beo 5 to control the Apple TV displaying its output on my BV 4 screen ?

Q3: am I able to download video content in high definition and play back on the BV4 via the BS3 ?

Your help is much appreciated ? Thanks

Peter

• 08-27-2008 2:42 AM In reply to

peterjacobs:

Hello all, forgive the basic / novice questions. I have placed an order for a new Beosystem 3, Bel lab 10, Beovision 4, Samsung Projector and Stewart screen. A large order for me. I will also be ading a Playstation 3 or Panasonic BW 500 Blu Ray recorder to this. I am now wondering if I should also get an Apple TV as I have an Itunes account. I also have a 15" Powerbook and Apple airport expres wireless system.

Q2: If I do this will I be able to use the Beo4 and Beo 5 to control the Apple TV displaying its output on my BV 4 screen ?

Q3: am I able to download video content in high definition and play back on the BV4 via the BS3 ?

Peter

Q1. Yes or component

Q2. Yes

Q3. Yes 

• 08-27-2008 4:37 PM In reply to

• Alex
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Bath & Cardiff, UK
    • Posts 2,990
    • Bronze Member

peterjacobs:

Peter

Have you got any other speakers with that? The BeoLab 10 can't really be used by itself...

And the answer to all your questions is yes, although the third one will vary depending on the speed of your internet. It takes me about 8 days to download a full HD movie on my Apple TV, but at a friend's house not 7 miles away, it takes about 20 minutes.

Weekly top artists:                   

Page 1 of 1 (21 items)