in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 02-16-2008 12:31 PM by vlohjr1. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 02-16-2008 6:08 AM

• villarsch
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-21-2007
    • Frinton-on-Sea, Great Britain
    • Posts 37
    • Founder

Possible updates for a BV7-40

My BV 7-40 is is about two years and a few months old.  It has been updated for HD (I have a Sky HD box) and produces a satisfactory picture.  The product number is 1621388.  It does, however, sometimes suffer from a sort of "snow storm" when switching from analogue to digital.  Is there anything which can stop this from happening? 

I am also wondering if the set has missed out on any upgrades?  Is there any way of checking on this?  I don't want to drag the dealer here if there are nothing for him to do.

Any advice on these points will be greatly appreciated, and my apologises if any of these have been covered previously. (I have had a look through earlier forum pages but could not find anything relevant.)

Villarsch

• 02-16-2008 7:18 AM In reply to

• moxxey
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-14-2007
    • South West, UK
    • Posts 2,360
    • Bronze Member

Re: Possible updates for a BV7-40

Sadly, no. This was an issue I had with my old BV7-32 MKI, which was HD upgraded. Often I'd turn on Sky HD and find the 'snowstorm'. The only way around that was to switch to analogue TV and back to Sky, for the TV to re-handshake with the Sky box.

I don't have this issue with the BV7-40 MKIII, so I don't know if the problem was due to the DVI port or software?

• 02-16-2008 12:31 PM In reply to

Re: Possible updates for a BV7-40

I have the same problem. I suspect that yours is a Mark II version like mine. I am having an software update (STB and BV7 software) since I am also adding a link TV. I will let you know in a few weeks time. My current software cannot support HD box. I can't use Sky+ STB option to fully control Sky HD box (at best tempermental!) I think the newest software upgrade is 3.08?

Vince

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)