in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 04-07-2008 9:44 AM by a2bur. 15 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (16 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 02-15-2008 10:24 PM

Is BV7 Beovision sold without speaker in US?

It seems that some in Europe are buying it without a center speaker. I don't have space for the floorstand so I can't do the 7.4 and I find the BL7.2 to massive .

Anyone? Would the price be reduced by the normal list price of the center?

Thanks

JK 

BS9000, BS2300, BC2, BL2500, BL3, Bl2, BS1, BV8, BC4, A8

• 02-16-2008 8:42 AM In reply to

• JoC
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 08-20-2007
    • Northern Ireland
    • Posts 121
    • Bronze Member

Re: Is BV7 Beovision sold without speaker in US?

When I bought mine, the floor stand would be to big for my room, so I got the motorised table stand. This meant no BeoLab7-4, like you I thought the BeoLab7-2 was too big for the screen, but honestly, after a week or so it just sort of fades into the background, and just becomes part of the screen, and not very noticeable, well I think so anyway...

I was not given an option to buy the screen without a speaker, as when the dealer ordered the TV, the speaker choice was one or the other. But looking at the invoice after, the stand, TV & speaker are all listed and priced separately.

So I guess a talk to your dealer is in order, maybe he can order the screen with a speaker, and keep the speaker and sell it on for use with one of the plasma screens.

• 02-16-2008 4:44 PM In reply to

Looked at it today at a dealer. They do sell in the US at least the BV7 without speaker. However when looking at the different stand and mounting options, there is no good way to cover the bracket/whole where the speaker would be attached. So why I find it a very tempting option I think its back to the BV8 for me.

JK 

• 02-16-2008 5:40 PM In reply to

• symmes
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-21-2007
    • Freedonia
    • Posts 290
    • Bronze Member

What about the 7-1?  Still too massive?
  • 02-16-2008 5:43 PM In reply to

• JoC
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 08-20-2007
    • Northern Ireland
    • Posts 121
    • Bronze Member

jk1002:
    However when looking at the different stand and mounting options, there is no good way to cover the bracket/whole where the speaker would be attached. So why I find it a very tempting option I think its back to the BV8 for me.

Well seeing as the BeoLab7-2 sits on a kind of mini-shelf, maybe you could make/buy some sort of shelf expansion that could be used to hold a set-top-box, games console etc. As the BV7 MK3 is a full HD screen, and has loads of HDMI ports, and projector out, I think it is pretty well future proof, more so than the BV8...

• 02-16-2008 6:30 PM In reply to

He mentioned the 7.1 option but I am not sure if I like that. I think I am settling on the BV8, I was surprised how good it looks. I think it's mostly because it matches the look of the BL3 so well. Is a lot of money as I would need the BC2 as well so I will be mulling it a bit.

• 02-21-2008 6:03 AM In reply to

• matheyl
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-18-2007
    • French Alps
    • Posts 228
    • Founder

BV8 does have nor electronic curtain, neither a motorised stand, which should be taken in account when comparing the 2 sets. Would personnally chose a BV7....

Greets from the French Alps,

Laurent.

Avant 28 DVD, BC2, 2300, BL2500, 8000, to name a few...

• 03-05-2008 11:50 PM In reply to

The official line from B&O is that the BV7 must be sold with either the BL7-2 or BL7-4 speaker systems. As a matter of fact, the BV7 comes packaged with a second power cord and a 1' Powerlink cable, both clearly intended to connect a BL7-2/4. However, most dealers are willing to fudge the paperwork and sell the BV7 without the speaker. When you deduct the value of the speaker and the integrated BS3 from the MSRP of the BV7, the LCD screen and DVD player cost only $1250!

As regards the B&O stand options, if you don't plan to get a BL7-2, the speaker mounting bracket makes an excellent stand for an Apple TV! It looks just great with the BV7. 

• 03-20-2008 8:48 AM In reply to

The BeoVision 7 is absolutely sold without the B&O mounting. There is no paperwork fudging necessary. You can purchase great brackets from STB in the UK and have them shipped here. Some stores even stock them due to the long lead time on deliveries. While there is no floor or table stand, it does look very pretty on a wall bracket. 

There is scarcely anything in this world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little more cheaply. The person who buys on price alone is this man's lawful prey. - John Ruskin

• 04-04-2008 3:10 PM In reply to

I have a fitted corner unit ( 22" high ) and a table stand was to high on top of that so fitted a Bl7-4 in the cupboard below and made some legs similar to the service stand . There are holes in the bottom of the Tv at either end just behind the screen for these stands  , my Tv now stands just 20mm clear of the cabinet top with enough room for the DVD door to descend . I can put a picture up if interested and can do a drawing of these special legs , but you need a lathe and a milling m/c to make them or know someone who has .
    Richard
  • 04-05-2008 8:31 AM In reply to

I bought a BV8 in the meantime but a picture still would be very nice. How to mount a BV7 without speaker was asked before so it wasn't just me who had that idea.

Cheers

JK 

• 04-05-2008 3:24 PM In reply to

Can't work out how to include pictures in replies , can someone please give me a clue ?
    Richard
  • 04-06-2008 12:21 PM In reply to

beoworld.galleries@gmail.com

you can mail , or 2 buttons left of the smiley in the toolbar is the picture upload button 

• 04-06-2008 1:57 PM In reply to

Have emailed some pictures to that address . But would be nice to know how to include pictures in my posts , I thought that was to icon to use , but how , can you explain how to locate a picture as there is no browse button , the first box is Image URL ?
    Richard
  • 04-07-2008 2:39 AM In reply to

If you have pictures uploaded to the web, to your own website, flickr or similar, then you can use the embed an image function, which you access by clicking the little tree in the menu just above your composition box when you're writing. (Some browsers don't show this menu bar. Which browser are you using? Firefox shows it.)

If you want to upload an image to be included with your post, without linking to an outside site, then you have to click Options, which you'll see next to the Compose button above. (Compose/Options/Related/Preview).

Click Options>Add/Update

This opens a dialog box, where you can either browse your computer, or even add a URL to en existing outside file (just as with the tree in the  menu bar.)

• 04-07-2008 9:44 AM In reply to

Some pictures and a sketch of the low table top legs are now in the photo's section .
    Richard
Page 1 of 1 (16 items)