in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 05-23-2008 12:30 PM by Steve at Sounds Heavenly. 11 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (12 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 02-15-2008 9:19 AM

Re-manufacturing Beogram Wall Shelves....

Hi everyone,

As many of you will know, the wall shelves for the later Beogram turntables have been out of production for some time (15 years?) and I've only seen one on eBay in the UK since 2006.  I've managed to borrow one for long enough to take measurements and photographs, but all the metalworking shops I have approached have said they would need to make a batch of at least a dozen, rather than just the two I need.  (My baby daughter is just learning to walk, so I'm desperate to get both of my turntables up on the wall out of harm's way!)

I'm guessing that there's probably no call for these in this modern digital age, but does seem a pity to go to all the trouble of making 12 turntable shelves to the original specification (3mm steel with black powder coating finish), only to throw 10 of them away.  Is this the sort of thing that people would still be interested in?

I would welcome your thoughts.

Thanks,

Steve.

Sounds Heavenly Cables are proud to be a sponsor of the BeoWorld Forum!

Filed under:
  • 02-15-2008 9:50 AM In reply to

Re: Re-manufacturing Beogram Wall Shelves....

You will certainly be able to sell the other 10 but not overnight.

I just sold an original for £60 on ebay so that should give you some idea where to pitch them.

Regards Graham

• 02-19-2008 12:17 PM In reply to

Greetings.I had a couple of brackets made some time ago,but only used one,so I have a spare.It's unpainted,maybe you are interested for your project?

Regards,

Nick

• 02-19-2008 12:25 PM In reply to

And I actually have a real one that I don't need. Maybe you don't need to get them manufactured?
  • 02-20-2008 8:43 AM In reply to

You could try 606

http://www.vitsoe.com/buying_livingroom.php

very expensive but neat and adaptable.....

• 02-21-2008 9:07 AM In reply to

Hi really interested, are any of these wall brackets available?

Kevin

• 04-01-2008 2:52 PM In reply to

Hi Kevin,

Yes, I've just listed the last few on ebay (UK) this morning.  I've tried to price them fairly low, as I just need to cover my costs in having them made.

Any questions, please get in touch.

Steve.

• 04-01-2008 2:58 PM In reply to

good grief...

i need one for a 4500...

anyone interested in a transaction w/ the states?

i'd like an original one if possible for the 4500 -are they all the same (generic fitment) or unique to each diff beogram?

@ peter: is yours original?

• B&o bottle opener
  • 04-01-2008 3:07 PM In reply to

Yes! The only problem is that they are incredibly heavy. I imagine they are all the same as all the later tangential and indeed radial decks were the same size. You can of course put the other stacking units like the Beomaster 7000 on them and arrange them like flying ducks!
  • 04-01-2008 3:16 PM In reply to

thx for the fast reply...

i like the idea of original pieces...
    not sure what to do -shipping would indeed be $$$

i too had considered making some -then saw this thread.

hmmm...

• B&o bottle opener
  • 04-27-2008 2:00 PM In reply to

Hi everyone,

Thanks for all the advice and comments.  I was pleased that the whole batch of turntable shelves I had made sold quickly on ebay (I needed a few for my own collection of Beograms, but had to make extras to meet the minimum order for my local metalwork shop).

I was wondering if anyone else would be interested in a Beogram wall shelf, as I would be willing to make another batch if I get more than two serious enquiries.  I have previously sold these on ebay at £39.99, which covers my costs.  I've found a good (and cheap!) courier, so I can send these to the UK for £7.99, Europe for £19.99 or to the USA for £29.99.

By the way, these shelves are to the original standard (3mm steel), but with higher-quality matt black powder coating than was originally used by B&O.  Also, I've added a lip at the front to stop the Beogram sliding off if it is knoocked and I've removed the little side fittings, which prevented some turntables fitting properly.  Bigger mounting holes (four instead of the original two) help it to be fixed more securely.

Please let me know if this is of interest!

Best regards,

Steve.

• 05-23-2008 12:30 PM In reply to

Hi everyone, just to let you know that I've got a couple more of these shelves available now, as I needed an extra one, so I had to go through the whole "order a batch to get one more" process again.  (Maybe I shouldn't have sold ALL of the spare ones last time?)

Hence, I have the rest of the batch on eBay now.  If anyone is interested, feel free to ask for more details.

Best regards,

Steve.

Page 1 of 1 (12 items)