in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 02-14-2008 1:08 PM by burantek. 11 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (12 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 02-13-2008 11:17 AM

• Beo
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Posts 108
    • Bronze Member

beocom 4 ... disappointing

I would like to share an unhappy experience.

I have bought a beocom 4 in last summer. From the first month, I discovered that when I put it back to the charger, it cannot recharge successfully everytime. The chance of success dropped from time to time, till a month ago, it cannot recharge totally.

So I sent it back for repairing. And after 2 weeks, it failed to recharge again.

I feel disappointing about the poor QC and repairing of B&O.

Furthermore, B&O phones shows very serious echo sound. For example, if i am typing when i use the phone, i can hear my typing from the phone, with enhanced volume of echo sound.

I have used a lot of wireless phone before, including panasonic, siemens or even some unknown brands, none of them showed any problem before.

I wonder why I need to pay the price of B&O to get a phone poor than my US$60 siemens? Should we expect more on B&O?

• 02-13-2008 2:36 PM In reply to

• Craig
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-29-2007
    • Costa Del St Evenage
    • Posts 4,855
    • Founder

Re: beocom 4 ... disappointing

Very sorry to hear about your bad experience with your Beocom 4, I think you have just been unlucky. Had my Beocom 4 for 2 years now and it was purchased used from Lifestyle AV. It works perfectly every time and I have never had any of the issues you mention. If I were you I would ask your dealer to exchange it for a new one.

CraigSmile 

For millions of years, mankind lived just like the animals. Then something happened which unleashed the power of our imagination. We learned to talk and we learned to listen..

• 02-13-2008 2:51 PM In reply to

• beowhit
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Brompton, Kent
    • Posts 26
    • Founder

I've had my Beocom 4 for 3 years now and have had no problems at all - it was my first new B&O product I purchased from my dealer. I've always found the sound quality to superb, much better than the BT cordless phones around the house. Both the handset and base have been knocked around with no adverse affects. Looks like you you got a duff one - go straight back to your dealer!
  • 02-13-2008 3:35 PM In reply to

Same here, no problems. I've had mine for 14 months now and I'm completely hooked. I like that Alvis avatar by the way Beowhit.

Beoworld's twenty-eighth ninth prize winner and fifty-first second prize winner. Best £30 I've ever spent!

• 02-13-2008 3:44 PM In reply to

no problems here either
    • B&o bottle opener
  • 02-13-2008 6:16 PM In reply to

• beowhit
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Brompton, Kent
    • Posts 26
    • Founder

beocool:
    ....I like that Alvis avatar by the way Beowhit.

Thanks. I have a 1960 TD21, might even finish it one day!

• 02-13-2008 9:12 PM In reply to

I actually have the same problem. I return it to the charger but it does not recharge giving me after days of no use in the charger an empty battery warning. That and the ringer stopped working, which is a known problem it seems.

That said, I bought mine in Germany and use in the US. It worked flawless in the beginning though.

Cheers

JK 

BS9000, BS2300, BC2, BL2500, BL3, Bl2, BS1, BV8, BC4, A8

• 02-13-2008 10:20 PM In reply to

Hi, from all the problems listed, my BeoCom 4 only has the strong echo issue, I can hear the PC fan working or even myself walking , and that is indeed quite annoying sometimes!

Apart from that, I wish the BeoCom had a more stable base (maybe heavier or with some kind of adhesive), because very often people drop the phone and/or the base when taking the handset.

And please, B&O, do something about the ridiculous ringtones! I feel like being in some Miami Vice episode when I hear those 80's sounds!

Reunion Island is greeting you!

• 02-14-2008 9:28 AM In reply to

Chrisreunion:

Apart from that, I wish the BeoCom had a more stable base (maybe heavier or with some kind of adhesive), because very often people drop the phone and/or the base when taking the handset.

that i agree with -very "flimsy"! -makes it feel like a $20 phone...

and may likely have something to do w/ the charging issue if it is not sitting correctly???
    • B&o bottle opener
  • 02-14-2008 12:25 PM In reply to

• Beo
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Posts 108
    • Bronze Member

i think we should let B&O headquarter know so many complaints.

It seems that some have faced charging and echo problems. Also, I am sure charging problem is a very stupid problem. Actually NONE of the electronics I have used have recharging problem within 3 years, or some may have problem after 8 years. 

• 02-14-2008 12:33 PM In reply to

I personally never got on with a Com4. I used to got awful interference. I was told it was likely down to having wireless broadband. Huh? Isn't that rather common to have now?

Anyway, I changed to Com6000s - maybe its the different phone thing that the phones all connect to, but the 6000s are fine.

So I'm not such a com4 fan

• 02-14-2008 1:08 PM In reply to

Justin:

Anyway, I changed to Com6000s - maybe its the different phone thing that the phones all connect to, but the 6000s are fine.

well, in all honesty -i have done the same. i have a full 6000 network and it is excellent.

the bc4 and my old 1400-a/v will be going on the block...
    • B&o bottle opener
Page 1 of 1 (12 items)