in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 03-22-2009 1:33 AM by TWG. 8 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 02-10-2008 8:51 AM

• TWG
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Germany
    • Posts 950
    • Gold Member

Beosound 3000: System freezes, doesn't react (Doors and remote control). Please help.

Hi,

my beloved Beosound 3000 didn't react to my hand in front of the Doors. It's in standby and nothing happened while my hands are waving in front. I tried to power on my Beosound with the Beo4 but it doesn't react to the remote either.I pulled the plug for a few seconds, plugged it in and than it worked again. Yesterday the same thing happens again.

What's this?

Does anybody knows if my Beosund let's me know that it is dying? It's just 5-6 years old and I thought it would last minimum 10 years before any defect would happen?!

Thanks for your help

• 02-10-2008 12:28 PM In reply to

• Russ
    • Top 100 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 05-07-2007
    • Washington, DC USA
    • Posts 641
    • Bronze Member

Re: Beosound 3000: System freezes, doesn't react (Doors and remote control). Please help.

The first thing to try when members of this family 'lock up' is to carefully inspect the buttons on the front face.  It is possible for a button to get 'hung up' in a slightly depressed position, and this will cause the device to get confused.  look carefully from the side, or top, and check that all buttons are the same height.  If one look to be inset a bit, press it all the way in and see that it fully releases.

Hope this helps.

Russ 

We kid because we love.

Bang & Olufsen Tysons Galleria

McLean, VA USA

• 02-10-2008 2:08 PM In reply to

• Craig
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-29-2007
    • Costa Del St Evenage
    • Posts 4,855
    • Founder

Re: Beosound 3000: System freezes, doesn't react (Doors and remote control). Please help.

RussR:

The first thing to try when members of this family 'lock up' is to carefully inspect the buttons on the front face.  It is possible for a button to get 'hung up' in a slightly depressed position, and this will cause the device to get confused.  look carefully from the side, or top, and check that all buttons are the same height.  If one look to be inset a bit, press it all the way in and see that it fully releases.

Hope this helps.

Russ 

Yes, I had this happen to my BS3000. After using it one Night, the doors would not close. One of the buttons had stuck under the metal work around the buttons. Just pressed it down and made sure it came back up correctly. Never had a problem since.

CraigSmile

For millions of years, mankind lived just like the animals. Then something happened which unleashed the power of our imagination. We learned to talk and we learned to listen..

• 02-11-2008 7:09 PM In reply to

• TWG
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Germany
    • Posts 950
    • Gold Member

Hi,thank you for your tips. I checked the keys and they seem to be okay; none of them sticks inside ...

Now I'm gonna have a look at my baby to see when and if it happens again?!

• 02-11-2008 7:58 PM In reply to

• pdoisy
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Italy
    • Posts 41
    • Bronze Member

Maybe a different problem, however there has been a time that my BeoCenter 2300 was going bananas. The doors were opening by themselves, with no reason. Or they would not open if I asked to.

So I cleaned the glass doors to make sure there was no dust inside out. I also realized there was a light reflecting directly on the movement sensors, so I move it a little bit.

Sounds crazy but since then, I never had the problem again.

I hope you solve your problem! 

• 01-12-2009 9:18 PM In reply to

• TWG
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Germany
    • Posts 950
    • Gold Member

Good morning,

I have to update this thread again :-(

My Beosound 3000 is going more and more worse. I nearly have to remove the powerplug every 2-3 days. There's no button problem, no dust etc. but the BS3000 stops reacting to the moving hand in front of the glass door and it does not react to the remote.

It's just 6-7 years old and I actualy have no idea where this came from. I have the feeling that it all started after the softwareupdate to N.Music.

I unplugged Masterlinkkabel but it didn't get better.

btw: I dowloaded the servicemanual for Beosound 3000 here at Beoworld but the file seems to be corrupted!? Tried it 3 times but I can't open the downloaded pdf.

• 03-21-2009 5:46 AM In reply to

• TWG
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Germany
    • Posts 950
    • Gold Member

Hi,

my Beosound 3000 was at my dealer to make the softwareupdate again to see if this was the error: It worked 2 days at the dealer so he phoned me to pick up my unit.

At my new home it played for 2 days exactly. On day 3 it was frozen, only the red standby-led is active and it doesn't react to my hands or the remote control.
    I had to pull the plug 2-3 times until the unit came back to life. I'm realy frustrated as I'm buying the Beosound 5 and have the fear that  it will be unreliable, too.

B&O product that fails after 6-7 years is not realy great ... my MX4500 is now 21 years old and still works!

:-(

• 03-21-2009 4:48 PM In reply to

Just a thought, no plasma near?

• 03-22-2009 1:33 AM In reply to

• TWG
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Germany
    • Posts 950
    • Gold Member

Beobuddy:

Just a thought, no plasma near?

No; actualy it even don't have any ML connection, just the BS3000 alone ... I have a bad feeling about this ;-)

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)