in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 07-03-2007 5:20 PM by Tom. 38 replies.
Page 2 of 2 (39 items) < Previous 1 2
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 04-30-2007 8:36 AM In reply to

Re: New MP3 player

Maybe a dual SD card slot design Supplied with 1 8GB/16GB card and the other slot free. It would be wonderful if it would work with iTunes as it would save me a lot of hassle and support AAC as this is what most of my music is encoded in. I think Apple have it pretty much nailed with the Nano and it is good it has no video support, it just needs a bit more memory and a slightly bigger screen to make browsing a bit easier. I would be prepared to pay around £500 for a well executed design.

Nicholas
  • 04-30-2007 12:54 PM In reply to

• SKApretto71
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 04-19-2007
    • Europe - Italy - Tuscany - Fucecchio
    • Posts 66
    • Founder

What I want?

A B&O "even clever" iPod nano. I cannot see how it can be enhanced, but for shure it can :) For example, replace internal memory with standard SD card can be all it need to be perfect ;) 

Any hidden news in this space? Really? Devil

---

Raffaele "SKApretto n.71" Sgherri

I like Chrome and spread it!

• 07-03-2007 10:46 AM In reply to

Just received the July newsletter and it's correct the new B&O "iPod" is as it was showed up here.

Pedro "Less is more"

BV7-40 MKII + BL7.2 + BL9 + BL3 + BS4 + BL4 + A9 + Earset 2 + 2 x Beo4 + BeoCom 5

• 07-03-2007 11:30 AM In reply to

• Tom
    • Top 25 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Luxembourg
    • Posts 3,175
    • Bronze Member

is that an sd-card slot we see at the bottom of it or not?

Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life. - Berthold Auerbach

• 07-03-2007 11:47 AM In reply to

It is the connector for the charger.
  • 07-03-2007 11:54 AM In reply to

Don't SD cards become like a pile of blank tapes that you have no idea whats on them and then you get frustrated that you kind find what you want, or after a while you just can't be bothered?

• 07-03-2007 12:07 PM In reply to

• Tom
    • Top 25 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Luxembourg
    • Posts 3,175
    • Bronze Member

gk31ax:

Don't SD cards become like a pile of blank tapes that you have no idea whats on them and then you get frustrated that you kind find what you want, or after a while you just can't be bothered?

absolutely not! you don't have as much of them as you had tapes. I have one for jazz and one for classical music and I change the music on them from time to time. No problem knowing what is on them...

• 07-03-2007 12:23 PM In reply to

pedrompinto:

Just received the July newsletter and it's correct the new B&O "iPod" is as it was showed up here.

Looks like the new player is more handsome than I thought. The previous pictures didn't do it justice. The layered keypad makes it look very user friendly.
  • 07-03-2007 1:53 PM In reply to

• beodim
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Switzerland
    • Posts 130
    • Founder

wonderfulelectric:
    pedrompinto:

Looks like the new player is more handsome than I thought. The previous pictures didn't do it justice. The layered keypad makes it look very user friendly.

Are you sure this is the new B&O player? My understanding of this advertisement in the newsletter is that this is just an illustration of a generic MP3 player whose owner is encouraged to bring it to a B&O shop and to get it connected to Beolabs to see the difference in sound?

BV7-40, BC6-26, DVD2, BCordV8000, BS4, BS2, BS Ouverture, BC9500, BM8000, BCord9000, BL8000, BL6000, BL2, BL3, BVox4500, BCom6000, Beomedia1, BCom5, Serenata

• 07-03-2007 1:59 PM In reply to

beodim:
    wonderfulelectric:
    pedrompinto:

Are you sure this is the new B&O player? My understanding of this advertisement in the newsletter is that this is just an illustration of a generic MP3 player whose owner is encouraged to bring it to a B&O shop and to get it connected to Beolabs to see the difference in sound?

Look carefully at the flash presentation on the B&O site. It has a Beosound 2 and not Beosound 6. Or maybe you are right.
  • 07-03-2007 2:27 PM In reply to

• Tom
    • Top 25 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Luxembourg
    • Posts 3,175
    • Bronze Member

wonderfulelectric:
    beodim:
    wonderfulelectric:
    pedrompinto:

Look carefully at the flash presentation on the B&O site. It has a Beosound 2 and not Beosound 6. Or maybe you are right.

No, you are right. That is the BS6 as it can/could be seen on the mediacenter

• 07-03-2007 2:29 PM In reply to

beodim:
    wonderfulelectric:
    pedrompinto:

It does have Bang & Olufsen written on it!! 

• 07-03-2007 2:40 PM In reply to

• beodim
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Switzerland
    • Posts 130
    • Founder

Peter, you are right. After looking at the picture carefully, I see the B&O name too. I was still hoping it couldn't be true that that was the new MP3 player...

What's the purpose of including a picture of a new product in this ad before it has been officially announced?

BV7-40, BC6-26, DVD2, BCordV8000, BS4, BS2, BS Ouverture, BC9500, BM8000, BCord9000, BL8000, BL6000, BL2, BL3, BVox4500, BCom6000, Beomedia1, BCom5, Serenata

• 07-03-2007 5:20 PM In reply to

• Tom
    • Top 25 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Luxembourg
    • Posts 3,175
    • Bronze Member

beodim:

What's the purpose of including a picture of a new product in this ad before it has been officially announced?

I could imagine that B&O is late with launching the BS6. May be they planned that ad some months ago and thought they could launch the BS6 when the ad came out. Or they just want to make us "hungry".

Page 2 of 2 (39 items) < Previous 1 2