in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 02-16-2008 9:28 AM by Jeuke. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 02-09-2008 10:05 AM

• Jeuke
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 12-29-2007
    • Posts 41
    • Bronze Member

Sudden malfunction of MCL system

Hi to you all,

My parents have an older B&O system with in the main room a BM 5500 and in link room LX 2800. Further 3 link rooms with passive speaker kit.

A couple of days ago, the audio links, ( all three of them ) seem to malfunction heavely. My parents used to control the radio from the main room in the link rooms, now, only volume and MUTE function work and one link doesn't react to the Beolink 1000 at all anymore.

Further, when activating the radio in main room, all the link room products suddenly start up too, so a lot of noise in the house. Stand-by function does not work  in link room only MUTE.

BUT, when pressing another radio channel in kitchen link room for example, the radio seems to respond but wrongly. When pressing for example 1  the radiostation turns to 11. Same with 2 becomes 22 and 3 becomes 33....

My parents dealer already had a look at their house, but all the cables are connected correctly...

Please help

Greetz

Philip

• 02-09-2008 11:21 AM In reply to

Re: Sudden malfunction of MCL system

The doubling up of the radio programmes suggests that two eyes are active and in sight of the remote.

I would do the following:

Turn all the system off at the mains. Switch back on after 5 minutes and then reset the options. How is the TV attached to the 5500? If Audio Aux, then the Beomaster and LX should both be option 2 - set this on the BM using the Beolink 1000 by pressing Sound 2 Store. On the LX, press Picture 2 Store. If the TV is attached using a MCL2AV, you need option 1.5 .

• 02-11-2008 11:52 AM In reply to

• Jeuke
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 12-29-2007
    • Posts 41
    • Bronze Member

Thanks Peter,

The tv is in a separate room via Aux tv.

But yesterday I already put my radio and tv both in option 2, radio works perfectly in its room, tv works perfectly in its room too, but the 3 separate links go crazy, either they do not respond at all or they seem to give the command two times to the radio ( 1 becomes 11 eg )

???. Nothing changed within the setup, everything is the same but thus sudden "malfunction"drive my parents crazy.

How does the IR not react to my remote for such as Radio powering up or standby or changing to cd but seems to react when I change the radio station ( it changes wrong but it reacts...)

maybe something else we can or should try Peter

Gr

Philip

• 02-11-2008 1:55 PM In reply to

Try disconnecting all the rooms and then re-attaching one by one. See how it works after adding each room. Also make sure that no-one has plugged the MCL cable into the wrong side sockets.
  • 02-11-2008 2:13 PM In reply to

• Ignace
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-30-2007
    • Moderator - NL
    • Posts 2,749
    • Founder

Philip,

on the Dutch forum you mentioned that nothing had changed in the setup,

only the LX2800 in the Link-room had been serviced.

Did you set the LX 2800 to Option 1.5 ?

• 02-16-2008 9:28 AM In reply to

• Jeuke
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 12-29-2007
    • Posts 41
    • Bronze Member

Don't know, the dealer told me that they do not change the option settings, but will try.

Disconnecting the mcl will be a bit of a problem because everything is mounted in the wall and can only be accessed bij removing the mounted in IR...

Pf, hope the solution will be the option setting,

Parents are on holiday, they come back in 2 weeks from now, then I will try and let you know

thanks

Philip

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)