in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 02-16-2008 9:50 PM by darioazul. 11 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (12 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 02-09-2008 4:21 AM

how capable beovision 7 with beolab 7-1 is as source for music and video?

how capable beovision 7 with beolab 7-1 is as only source for music and video?

i mean are there anyone here who feels it can deliver superb sound for cd listening without extra speakers and subwoofer's attached. for example, is sound similar what beovision 6-26 delivers?

bit tired of cable mess on the floors where system usually is standing.

any thoughts of this subject are welcome! 

• 02-09-2008 4:29 AM In reply to

Re: how capable beovision 7 with beolab 7-1 is as source for music and video?

The Beolab 7-1 or 7-2 are very much capable of delivering great sound. Actually you will not believe it the first time you experience it. I had the Bl 7-1 and was very satisfied until i bought a surroundsetup.I then switched it to 7-4. The sound of 7-1 is wayyyyy better then that of other beovisions. Ofcause its overall use depends on your livingroom size etc.

You should visit a B&O dealer, they will be more than happy to give you a demonstartion.

BV7-40 MK IV, BL5´s, BL3´s, BL 3500, BL7-4, BS3000, BC 6-23, BV 1, BS3.

• 02-09-2008 10:18 AM In reply to

Ehlertz,

I also bought the BL9 for surround with 7-40. Considering shifting my rearspeakers into BL3... Seems from your setup that you also are having this setup... How do you like the BL3 in this setup?

The Dane

Maybe this is as good as it gets... BV7-40 MKII, BL9, BC2, BL6000, MX4000, Beosound 3, HDR1
  • 02-09-2008 11:45 AM In reply to

Niveau:

Ehlertz,

I also bought the BL9 for surround with 7-40. Considering shifting my rearspeakers into BL3... Seems from your setup that you also are having this setup... How do you like the BL3 in this setup?

The Dane

Hello Dane

Yes i have the Lab 3´s as rear speakers and the combination with Bl 9's as front in my opinion is almost as good as it gets. I use them on floorstands and they are very nice, watching movies aswell as listening to music in speaker 4 mode. As your frontspeakers have acoustic lences so should your rearspeakers IMO.

BV7-40 MK IV, BL5´s, BL3´s, BL 3500, BL7-4, BS3000, BC 6-23, BV 1, BS3.

• 02-13-2008 12:50 AM In reply to

7-1 is a very capable speaker and is actually better than some of the stand alone speakers.

Of course you wont get the sound stage and imaging that you'll get from stand alone speakers (assuming the set up is correct) but the quality of the sound is excellent if perhaps a little forward in the mids.

This is to be expected however as it is a TV speaker and is set up to produce dialogue.

I don't think you'd be dissapointed providing you accept the short comings mentioned above.

jazz

• 02-13-2008 1:38 AM In reply to

Ehlerz:
    The Beolab 7-1 or 7-2 are very much capable of delivering great sound. Actually you will not believe it the first time you experience it. (...) The sound of 7-1 is wayyyyy better then that of other beovisions.

Totally agree, I did not believe it too the first time I heard it, and I am still amazed by this wonderful loudspeaker.

Quoi de mieux qu'un BeoLab 2 ? 2 BeoLab 2 !

• 02-13-2008 5:19 AM In reply to

• ed7
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 12-06-2007
    • uk
    • Posts 297
    • Bronze Member

very good speakers about the best part of beovision7 ,well 7-32 ,not sure about the sausage look's??!!!Embarrassed
  • 02-13-2008 3:02 PM In reply to

• Alex
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Bath & Cardiff, UK
    • Posts 2,990
    • Bronze Member

The BeoLab 7-1 and 7-2 are stunningly good. I'm still surprised every time I hear one just how they defy the sound you'd expect. I'd compare them to BeoLab 3s in a lot of ways, definitely a massive step up from the BeoCenter 6 you mention... completely different sound...

Weekly top artists:                   

• 02-14-2008 1:41 PM In reply to

what do you think of using it as a only speaker for cd music?

does beovision 7 play all the music cd's and is it easy to use as a cd-player?

• 02-14-2008 1:47 PM In reply to

• Alex
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Bath & Cardiff, UK
    • Posts 2,990
    • Bronze Member

Yes, it will play any normal CD I've come across, and also plays some fancy formats such as MP3 disks etc...

And yes, it's great as a speaker solely for CD music, I'd be happy with it. However if can get BeoLab 3s instead, I would suggest it as you'll be able to place them wider apart...

Weekly top artists:                   

• 02-16-2008 5:06 AM In reply to

thanks, alex.

what about screen specs on beovision. are all models from day one hd ready?

• 02-16-2008 9:50 PM In reply to

Dear Dane:

I would also support the idea of getting BL 3 as rears with BL 9 as front.  The BL 7-4 makes a compelling center channel.

Enjoy,

Dario 

When I hear music, I fear no danger. I see no foe... Thoreau
Page 1 of 1 (12 items)