in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 12-21-2008 6:52 AM by ridmaur. 19 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (20 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 02-07-2008 1:09 PM

Beocenter 6-23 and DVI input

I would like to connect a Humax HD receiver to my Beocenter 6-23 using the DVI input.

Anybody knows how to make the configuration so that I control the HD receiver via my Beo4 remote?

Note:

When I press Menu, Options, Connections, I see AV 1 and AV2. I have no idea about how to assign the AV1 or AV2 to the DVI port of the TV. Ditto for the IR output.

• 02-07-2008 5:53 PM In reply to

Re: Beocenter 6-23 and DVI input

Sebastien,

I'm not sure about BC6-23, but on my BV6-26 I need to select PC input on the Beo4 (using List) to select the DVI input.  Not sure you can tie it to AV1 or AV2.

Lawrence
  • 02-08-2008 6:28 AM In reply to

The DVI input on the Beocentre 6-23 MARK I is intended to receive digital or analogue graphics signals from a PC and supports 4 standard PC resolution formats.

The DVI input does have a menu which will ONLY appear if you have connected a PC to the DVI input. The menu only allows you to adjust three items namely Brightness, Contrast and colour.

If you have a Mark II Beocentre 6-23 with the HD upgrade then the DVI input is for PC and HD input. Given what you said, I am assuming you have a Mark I version or a Mark II without the HD upgrade.

How old is your Beocentre 6-23 ?

Regards Keith....

• 02-08-2008 7:37 AM In reply to

Keith: I got my Beocenter 6-23 before 9 months.

Is there any way to upgrade it?

• 02-08-2008 7:49 AM In reply to

There is an HD ready kit available.

Have a look at the 4 digit "Type" on the back which will tell us exact what you have got.

Regards Keith....

• 02-08-2008 9:01 AM In reply to

Widening the thread slightly -- Is this also the case with the 6-26. I bought mine in 2005 (software 5) and was told that it could receive HD via the DVI socket. I haven't tried yet but have taken the man at his word. It was a critical point to the purchase so would be really aggrieved if I needed an upgrade.

Barry BV6-26,BC2300,Beolab8000,4000,3500,2000,DVD1
  • 02-08-2008 9:20 AM In reply to

BarryAndrew, you have the same set a I have. You require an upgrade to recieve HD. I have been told that this is a new processor board with component connectors. I was also not happy to find out the BV6 was not HD ready as official documentation from B&O said at the time I bought mine that it would be (see below) as would most B&O tv's from 1-1-05

Products December 2004 Ja Fe Ma Ap Ma Ju Ju Au Se Ok No De Ja

BeoVision 5

BeoVision 4-65 incl. BeoSystem 2 or 1

BeoVision 4-50 incl. BeoSystem 2 or 1

BeoVision 4-42 incl. BeoSystem 2 or 1

BeoVision 4-37 incl. BeoSystem 2 or 1

BeoVision 7

BeoVision 6-26

BeoVision 6-22

“HD ready” as standard ex factory

Update possible to “HD ready”

Cannot be updated to “HD ready”

The “HD ready” update solutions implies the following elements:

A: Service solution only applicable to HDTV receivers with DVI output - implies build-in of:

DVI/HDCP module + DVI/SPDIF inderfaces + new SW

B: Build-in of DVI/HDCP or YbPr module in monitor + new SW in BeoSystem 2 and BeoSystem 1

C: Exchange scaler module + new SW

D: Exchange scaler and sound input modules + new SW

• 02-08-2008 11:06 AM In reply to

Keith:

The details of my Beocenter 6-23 are as follows:

Type No.: 9213

AP SW 8,50

IOP SW 22,00

M2 SW 8,40

What do u think?

• 02-08-2008 11:25 AM In reply to

The Type 9213 is a Mark I version which without HD upgrade and therefore can only accept a PC via the DVI

You can have an upgrade kit Type 4399 fitted which allows the DVI to be used as you want it.

To get complete details of your configuration etc, why not look in the Customer Service Menu. To get into the Customer Service Menu, press MENU on your BEO4 then move the pointer down to highlight OPTIONS then press RED then press GO.

The Customer Service menu gives you access to the following information:-

CS Menu

Regards Keith....

• 02-08-2008 12:12 PM In reply to

Keith:

This is exactly what I did to see the version of my Beocenter 6-23.

Could u give me more details about the "4399" kit

• 02-08-2008 1:06 PM In reply to

Sebastien,

I understand that the kit includes the PCB 5 scaler module and an extra cable. It also includes a couple of software chips which go into sockets.

After the kit has been installed the dealer then has to update the main software from his laptop via the Masterlink socket.

Regards Keith....

• 02-28-2008 4:21 AM In reply to

Keith, is it also possible (if you have the HD  module fitted) to recieve the HD signal through the component connectors? (3 of them I believe for the picture)
  • 02-28-2008 5:34 AM In reply to

No, sorry it is not possible..

Regards Keith....

• 02-28-2008 7:14 AM In reply to

Strange. Why are the component connections included in the upgrade then?
  • 11-16-2008 11:31 AM In reply to

I'm interested in this if possible.  Mine is listed as Type 9214 - what do each of these types mean?  Below the RCA Audio inputs are 3 more RCA inputs for Component, but these are covered by a piece of plastic.  Does this mean anything?

How much is this 4399 kit likely to be?

At present, I have my PC connected to the DVI input and use Windows Media Center.  It would be good to use the STB-C to control whatever's plugged in - which, with some bodging of Windows, should be possible.

• 12-12-2008 6:56 AM In reply to

Is an HD ready kit available for the Beovision 6-22? 
  • 12-12-2008 7:07 AM In reply to

ridmaur:
    Is an HD ready kit available for the Beovision 6-22? 

No, sorry Sad

Jq. BS4 BL3 A8 Form2

• 12-20-2008 2:18 AM In reply to

I've been told by local dealer the BV 6-23 is no longer offered by B&O; is that true? Otherwise I might consider upgrading the 6-22 to a 6-23 as I face numerous problems hooking my Apple TV to the DVI socket on my BV 6-22. From this conversation I gather this is primarily related to the fact that the BV 6-22 isn't really ready for hooking anything else than a PC to its DVI socket.

cheers

Rob 

• 12-20-2008 4:03 AM In reply to

ridmaur:
    I've been told by local dealer the BV 6-23 is no longer offered by B&O; is that true?

This is what I was told.  I wanted one for my bedroom (26" was too large).  I would imagine most dealers would be able to find you one from somewhere.  Mine had a new one in their storeroom that was available, and it was in the colour I wanted (black!).  I wasn't actually intending to buy it when I went in, but he cut the price twice.  Was listed as £2,900 and I got it for £2,600.

In its standard configuration, it will be the same as your BV-22.  If you can persuade them to do the HD upgrade, then it should offer DVI as assignable to one of the AV connections, rather than only as PC.  I'm currently using a media center pc via the PC input, and it works fine.  What problems are you having?  The only difference I can see the upgrade making is that you can use the STB-C to use the Beo4 to control the Apple TV.

• 12-21-2008 6:52 AM In reply to

The problems I'm facing with my current BV 6-22 and Apple TV is that intermittently the BV 6-22 shows a brief blue error message saying there is no DVI input signal or incorrect format. This is just terribly annoying and sofar I have not been able to solve it. Most of the time the BV6-22 shows the Apple TV content without a problem so there doesn't seem to be anything wrong with the connection. 

The other problem I faced was around HDCP; none of the movie content bought through the Apple store could be played; I circumvented that by using an expensive HDMI-DVI converter.

But the annoying blue error messages are still there. I've talked to the dealer, let them do an upgrade of the firmware, used a wide range of HDMI-DVI cables but none has solved it. I basically have given up with the thought that the BV6-22 is simply not up to the job of handing advanced technology devices like an Apple TV. Now if the BeoCenter 6-23  is better at it, I might consider an upgrade.

Page 1 of 1 (20 items)