in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 02-07-2008 1:48 PM by Peter. 8 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 02-06-2008 12:48 PM

• astrauch
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 08-16-2007
    • Saarbrücken, Germany
    • Posts 38
    • Bronze Member

A8 Earphones: Bass sounding very bad

Hello,

last year I bought a pair of these Earphones, I didn't use them often and when I compared them to my V-Moda Vibe's some weeks ago, I noticed that the bass is sounding bad. They distort the bass when I listen to songs with a Deep bass, like Alicia Keys - No One or some Hip Hop songs. All songs are ripped with iTunes in AAC 256kbit/s and they're played on a iPod classic. 

Do other people experience this too or is my pair a bad one?

I thank every user in advance for posting their experiences! 

Filed under: ,
  • 02-06-2008 1:01 PM In reply to

• Medogsfat
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 02-21-2007
    • *Moderator* Leeds, Yorkshire
    • Posts 4,045
    • Founder

Re: A8 Earphones: Bass sounding very bad

Hi & welcome to BeoworldSmile 

If you bought them from a B&O dealer then they will replace them without question under warranty.Smile

However if you got them cheap off ebay then the chances are they are fakes as most for sale there are.Sad

Chris.

The use of metaphors should be avoided like the plague. They're like a red rag to a bull to me.

• 02-06-2008 2:01 PM In reply to

• astrauch
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 08-16-2007
    • Saarbrücken, Germany
    • Posts 38
    • Bronze Member

Hi

I bought them from an B&O dealer and they're still under warranty ( 2 or 3 years, right?), but I would be pleasesd if someone tested them with the song I mentioned and an iPod, because I just want to know if it's normal (I don't think so). If it's not normal I will get them to the dealer, but I don't want to go there and hear from them that it's normal. Another thing is, that I read a test in the internet where the tester hears the same thing (distortion of deep bass) and maybe someone else has had the same problem (if so, please tell me!).  

Edit: I think I solved the problem, I always had the ipod EQ on "Jazz", now I've put it on "linear" and the problem is gone! Thanks for your support anyway!

• 02-06-2008 2:53 PM In reply to

That will be the iPod. I always have mine set to linear - I have had a number in my time - at present I have a 160GB and an iPod Touch. I actually use MP3 at 320 for compatibility with PCs. I use a Mac though.
  • 02-06-2008 2:59 PM In reply to

• Puncher
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-27-2007
    • Nr. Durham, NE England.
    • Posts 9,588
    • Founder

Peter:
    That will be the iPod. I always have mine set to linear - I have had a number in my time - at present I have a 160GB and an iPod Touch. I actually use MP3 at 320 for compatibility with PCs. I use a Mac though.

If this is the case listen to the same track from your PC (and your may want to try different codecs (AAC/MP3) at different rates while you're there). The decision you make will decide how many tracks you can fit on your iPod but it is definitely worth doing before you fill it up.

I plumped for 256 CBR MP3 as a compromise between compatibility, quality and space. No doubt the time will come when I rip them again but not until I can do them all as lossless and hopefully this will be the last time I need to do it.

Generally speaking, you aren't learning much if your lips are moving.

• 02-06-2008 4:13 PM In reply to

Welcome to BeoWorld astrauch! Yes -  thumbs up 

I use my A8s with BeoSound 2 and BeoSound 6, so it might not be fair to compare my sound experience with yours. However, in answer to your question, I have never had any issues with bass distortion through the A8s.

In any case, my advice would be to go to your B&O dealer and ask to listen to a demo / brand new pair of A8s via your iPod and listen for the sound distortion you are currently hearing. Hopefully this will indicate whether your A8s are faulty or whether you should try and transfer your music to your iPod in a different way, or play with the iPod sound settings as Peter suggested. I hope this helped.

• 02-07-2008 7:05 AM In reply to

• Dave
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Brisbane, Australia
    • Posts 2,328
    • Bronze Member

hello, i used to A8's with an ipod, and the bas was impressive, but the ipod itself distorted the bass sometimes at high volumes, it wasn't the earphones. I suggest, get a decent mp3 player, ipods have unrealistic sound with yuppie equalisers, then again the Beosound 2 is the opposite, and sounds wonderful... so long as you don't like to hear ANY bass!

The best the i have heard the A8's sound is through a Beosound. Thats my opinion.

“Quality is never an accident; it is always the result of intelligent effort.”

Your health and well-being comes first and fore-most.

• 02-07-2008 1:11 PM In reply to

• astrauch
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 08-16-2007
    • Saarbrücken, Germany
    • Posts 38
    • Bronze Member

I now tested the earphones with my iMac and sound was a bit better, but not perfect. When I tested them with my dad's Macbook Pro they sounded great.

Which MP3-Players do you suggest? I need a Display, minimum 8GB, AAC playback (I have 1300 Tracks in AAC) and Mac Synchronisation, so the Beosounds aren't in my selection!

PS: Sorry for my bad english, I hope you understand it! 

• 02-07-2008 1:48 PM In reply to

My 160Gb is fine - my colour 30Gb was not as good. I would take the A8s and go to a store and have a try. The first iPod mini was supposed to be good!
Page 1 of 1 (9 items)