in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 02-08-2008 2:50 AM by ®. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 02-06-2008 5:33 AM

• pgerell
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 05-24-2007
    • Stockholm
    • Posts 77
    • Founder

Serene and bluetooth

Hi,

I try to connect my Serene to my computer running XP.

The phone is detected and added to the device list. However the phone fails to get the services list from the computer and the computer only sees the serial port service in the phone.

Is this a known problem?

I am running the standard microsoft bluetooth stack in XP.

The software version of the Serene is E910XXFA2

Firmware version 1.0C

/Peter

• 02-07-2008 2:26 PM In reply to

• pgerell
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 05-24-2007
    • Stockholm
    • Posts 77
    • Founder

Re: Serene and bluetooth

Hi all,

I add a few questions hoping that smeone on here have some Serene experience.

Are there any Serene users here?

Do you connect it to your computer?

Was there any software provided with it when you bought it?

As I bought mine used, I do not know if I am missing something. 

/Peter

• 02-07-2008 5:44 PM In reply to

Hi Peter,

Believe me, you are not missing much.

I was given a Serene a couple of years ago for a significant birthday.  It was bought from a B&O dealer in London, and there was no software with it.  According to the manual I had to go to the Samsung (!) website to download the software to allow it to sync with MS-Outlook on a PC - but for calendar events only.  Contacts can only be synchronised with a Beoline directory!

When I visited the website I could not find the software mentioned.  As I keep my events on my Palm anyway, the already limited sync software would be of little use to me.

You can't use it as a bluetooth modem for a computer (i.e. can't connect from a PC through the phone to the internet).  I used to be able to do this with my Palm and Motorola Razr.

The only thing I have successfully used Bluetooth for is sending/receiving contacts and photos.  Even then, the photos have to be less than a certain size for the Serene to display them.

I'm just DYING for the 3G iPhone to come out, and as long as it can edit Office docs, I will happily get rid of my Serene and only reluctantly get rid of my Palm and the Louis Vuitton case for the Serene - now that IS beautifully made.

Lawrence
  • 02-08-2008 2:50 AM In reply to

• ®
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-01-2007
    • UK
    • Posts 970
    • Founder

Serene software linky
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)