in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 02-06-2008 10:48 AM by Peter. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 02-05-2008 12:39 PM

• js
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 09-07-2007
    • Brussels
    • Posts 208
    • Silver Member

Avant: buying guide

Dear all,

I intend to buy an Avant and I need some piece of advice. I read that several optional modules were available, incl. surround sound, anti-reflex contrast screen, and set top box controller. Now, I have two questions:

1. Is there any other module to be considered before buying, in addition to three I mentioned above?

2. Which modules were fitted standard vs. as an option for the most recent versions of the Avant? Was there any difference between 32 RF DVD Mk III, 28 RF DVD and 28 RF CRT in terms of standard/optional modules?

Thank you for your valuable input.

Jean-Sebastien

• 02-05-2008 4:34 PM In reply to

Re: Avant: buying guide

If I were buying an Avant now (I already have one I bought new!), I would want:

1. The very latest Avant 32 DVD

2. STB-C with the latest software

3. DTS

Certainly in the UK, all the modules were standard including Picture in Picture, Surround Sound, AR screen and STB-C.

• 02-06-2008 8:44 AM In reply to

• js
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 09-07-2007
    • Brussels
    • Posts 208
    • Silver Member

Thank you, Peter.

I understand that on the Belgian market, some modules may have been optional. So if I find an Avant without such modules, which ones can be retro-fitted? STB-controller can be added if I am not mistaken, right? But what about surround sound/DTS and anti-reflex screen? And what about the cost?

Cheers, Jean-Sebastien

• 02-06-2008 10:48 AM In reply to

I think it will be difficult to find one without an AR screen and if I did, I wouldn't buy it! You can certainly get the module for the Surround Sound - or you could last time I looked! However a set without this would have to be very cheap to make me buy it over one with it already fitted as the part and the fitting would be a bill running in all likelihood into hundreds of Euros. DTS is a later addition - I had it added to my set - I think it cost about £70.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)