in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 01-04-2009 7:25 AM by hemenex. 15 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (16 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 02-03-2008 9:24 PM

• Wings
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Hong Kong
    • Posts 341
    • Founder

BV-6 Picture Format Question

With my BV-6, I have the choice of Format 1, Format 2 and Format 3.  The default is Format 1 which cuts off the bottom part of the screen [for example, the stock "ticker" at the bottom of a Bloomberg broadcast].  Format 3 solves this problem and I can select Format 3 manually.  Is there a way to set Format 3 as my default so that I do not need to manual select this format each time I watch Bloomberg?  The manual seems to be silent on this issue.

Thanks in advance.

• 02-03-2008 10:52 PM In reply to

• peterb
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 12-27-2007
    • Sydney
    • Posts 20
    • Gold Member

Re: BV-6 Picture Format Question

this used to drive me crazy too, especially when watching DVD's. I don't know if there is a B&O solution but i programmed my Lintronic device to send the correct Format code through whenever i pressed DVD on the beo4. This solved the problem in a round about way but it works!
  • 02-04-2008 8:09 AM In reply to

• Fil
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Posts 90
    • Founder

Hi

i had the same problem with my Avant.

Some kind fellow enthusiast posted the following and it sorted it out..............................

Hi under format 1 there are 3 "sub formats" 4/3 - 14/9 and 15/9 or 16/9 depending on model.

the thing is:  you last used "sub format" is the one it will use as default when in format 1. you change the sub format by << - >> or up and down (depending on model) when it's in format 1.

• 02-04-2008 10:28 AM In reply to

• Wings
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Hong Kong
    • Posts 341
    • Founder

Thanks, all.

Fil:  I tried using the << and >> keys but nothing happens [I have tried with two Beo4 remotes].  Could it be a problem with the BV 6 receiving the signal?

When I use the ^ or down key, it only moves the picture up or down.  Moving it up cuts off the data shown at the top of the screen along with the top of peoples' heads.  Obviously, moving the picture down would not be what I want.

• 02-04-2008 10:54 AM In reply to

Are you sure you have it set to "Format 1", when you're trying to change it? I have a BV3 and it works, although not with << and >> keys, but with up and down. If I have it set to "Format 2", then the picture moves up and down, like you've said.

• 02-05-2008 9:14 AM In reply to

• Wings
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Hong Kong
    • Posts 341
    • Founder

Yes, I think so.  Using the Beo 4, press "List" until "Format" shows on the remote's screen.  Then, press "1" and the TV has a window indicating "Format 1".   Then, I try using the << and >> buttons on the remote.

I even have tried the << and >> keys in Format 2.

• 02-05-2008 9:43 AM In reply to

As I've said, when in "Format 1", use up ( ^ ) and down buttons, instead of << and  >> ones. If that doesn't work, BV3 and BV6 must have different settings or something like that. Try asking someone with a BV6 or just ring up your dealer.
  • 02-05-2008 10:15 AM In reply to

Have you tried unplugging the BV6, wait for a few seconds and connecting it again?

You could also try to change a setting in the service menu.

Try this:

[MENU] [0] [0] [GO]  (you're now in the service menu)

select "TELETEXT & FORMAT ADJUST" and switch "4:3" to "on"

press [GO] to save and exit the service menu

Now try FORMAT 1 and [<<] or [>>] 

(maybe you need to put the BV6 in stand-by or unplug it first to get this working)

Be carefull not to change anything else in the service menu, just remember [GO] saves a page and [STOP] or [EXIT] not

• 02-06-2008 2:17 AM In reply to

• Wings
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Hong Kong
    • Posts 341
    • Founder

gorissek:
    As I've said, when in "Format 1", use up ( ^ ) and down buttons, instead of << and  >> ones. If that doesn't work, BV3 and BV6 must have different settings or something like that. Try asking someone with a BV6 or just ring up your dealer.

Thanks but sorry.  The (^) and down buttons only move the whole picture up or down.  If I move the whole picture up until I can read the ticker at the bottom, I have lost the top portion of the picture to the point of cutting off the top of peoples' heads and the information being shown at the top of the picture. 

Afraid my dealer won't be of much assistance from past experience; but may go into the store and ask the manager anyways.

• 02-06-2008 2:18 AM In reply to

• Wings
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Hong Kong
    • Posts 341
    • Founder

damatt:

Have you tried unplugging the BV6, wait for a few seconds and connecting it again?

Try this:

(maybe you need to put the BV6 in stand-by or unplug it first to get this working)

Be carefull not to change anything else in the service menu, just remember [GO] saves a page and [STOP] or [EXIT] not

Thanks.  I will give this a try later and report back.

• 02-06-2008 3:16 PM In reply to

• nlb
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Posts 60
    • Bronze Member

yep this does work, you get a full 4:3 pic in the middle with black bars on the left and right side.
  • 02-09-2008 10:53 AM In reply to

• Wings
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Hong Kong
    • Posts 341
    • Founder

damatt:

Try this:

Hi,

I am home now.  No luck with unplugging the TV for 30 seconds.

I did access the "Service" menu but my version only shows "Monitor" and "TV-Tuner".  There is no "Teletext and Format".  Am I doing something wrong?

I was able to get the 4:3 ratio with the black margin on either side of the picture as nlb noted.  But, the "<<" and ">>" keys still did not work.  Only the "up" and "down" keys worked, moving the whole picture up or down.  Pressing "go" returned things to their original state [i.e., losing the 4:3 ratio].  BTW:  if I select "Format 3" and press "go", the picture goes back to the "Format 1" setting.

Thanks.

• 02-09-2008 7:20 PM In reply to

select "monitor" press [GO] and then you should be able to see "TELETEXT & FORMAT ADJUST"
  • 02-10-2008 6:27 AM In reply to

• Wings
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Hong Kong
    • Posts 341
    • Founder

Got it.  Thanks.
  • 01-03-2009 6:51 PM In reply to

Hi,

Did you ever get this to work? I face the same annoyance with my BC-6 and BV-7...

Toby 

• 01-04-2009 7:25 AM In reply to

tobyfish:

Did you ever get this to work? I face the same annoyance with my BC-6 and BV-7...

Toby 

for the BV7 - yep.

In service menu i think it's line 7 there's the "TELETEXT & FORMAT ADJUST" selection

in this submenu there's the "4:3" option. Set it to ON.

Then you can change the picture to an "uncut" size in format 1 with the >> and << keys as described above. There will be 3 sub-formats now instead of two. And it's definitels the >> and << keys, not the up/dn ones. One is full width but cut vertically, one is small black stripes to the right/left and cut a little less vertically and the third one is broad black stripes left/right but full height vertically.

Strange enough it's not set by default: I do prefer the "black stripes to the left/right" to a crippled and cut picture.

This sub-format in format 1 keeps its value when turning the TV off.

Best,

hx

Page 1 of 1 (16 items)