in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 02-02-2008 4:17 AM by saf. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 02-01-2008 11:46 PM

• peterb
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 12-27-2007
    • Sydney
    • Posts 20
    • Gold Member

do contrast screens deteriorate?

Has anyone had any experience with BV contrast screens/ coatings deteriorating with time or through cleaning with the wrong product. Does the anti-reflection ability slowly get worse and worse?

• 02-02-2008 3:22 AM In reply to

Re: do contrast screens deteriorate?

The screen on my LX6000 works as well as it ever has. I dare say cleaning incorrectly is not going to help things!
  • 02-02-2008 4:17 AM In reply to

• saf
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Posts 458
    • Founder

Re: do contrast screens deteriorate?

Regarding the B&O plasma screens I would advice to treat them in a rather over cautious manner then vice versa. To me it seems terribly user-unfriendly, but optimal is to make sure that simply nothing gets on the screen (besides the usual dusting). Wrong stuff  on the screen and the couting is ruined - have seen what a couple of unintended droplets of seemingly harmless window cleaning liquid can do - or, in my case, a few fingerprints made by little little fingers having a contact with candies! Also, it seems to me that the manuals kind of steered away from this rather relevant subject of cleaning... (Maybe, in the meantime, B&O improved on this and the coating?)
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)