in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 02-05-2008 11:04 PM by Anonymous. 8 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 02-01-2008 3:59 PM

New T80 DECT Phone by Jacob Jensen

NEWS: 1 February 2008 13:59 GMT - A new telephone design from Jacob Jensen, produced in partnership RTX of Denmark, is to launch in the UK.

Apparently "the world of design and technology have united" in order to produce the new Jacob JensenĀ Telephone 80, a DECT cordless telephone.

Featuring what's described as "superior" sound quality with adjustable ringer volume, bass and treble, there are seven polyphonic "designer" ring tones unique to the phone.

There's a hands-free operation option and the range for the telephone is up to 50 metres indoors and 300 metres outdoors.

Additional handsets can be assigned to the base, and a range of accessories including a Range Repeater (to increase the range even further) and alternative backs in gold, silver, bronze or black are all available.

Suggested retail price for the phone on its own is £179.95.

Jacob Jensen T80 DECT phone launches image 1Jacob Jensen T80 DECT phone launches image 2Jacob Jensen T80 DECT phone launches image 3

http://www.pocket-lint.co.uk/news/news.phtml/12602/13626/Jacob-Jensen-T80-dect-phone.phtml

• 02-01-2008 4:55 PM In reply to

• JC
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Yorkshire / UK
    • Posts 621
    • Founder

Re: New T80 DECT Phone by Jacob Jensen

Looks very neat. Nice to have a seperate PSTN though as the phone socket is often not in the best position for the phone.

Jonnie

• 02-01-2008 7:20 PM In reply to

• jonnyb
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-06-2007
    • London, UK
    • Posts 123
    • Bronze Member

Great Scott! We're going to have to get the DeLorean up to 88mph to get back to the 21st century!
  • 02-01-2008 11:13 PM In reply to

I bought the Jensen T80 phone! I had bought a BeoCom 4 for my office and was a bit disappointed by its lack of some features and also because I was the only one at the office who could use it...yes, B&O language doesn't seem logical to many people!

So when I wanted a phone for home, I decided to get the Jensen one, I already had the T3 model, a corded version with even more limited features than BeoCom 4(!).I had never looked at the Jensen 80 phone before buying it, because there are no dealers in France, so I had to buy it in Germany on Internet.

When it arrived at home, as for BeoCom 4, once again, I was...disappointed! The base is bigger than the phone, the materials are very plasticky, the handset very light (plastics all the way), and the sound performance, after working with BeoCom 4, was really not to the same level: lots of noise, like listening to an old audio tape with headphones, and the "equalizer" makes no difference at all to my ear, whatever the setting is (my hearing was checked by the air force 3 months ago, so...). Finally, the phone was causing a lot of interfence with my cellphone and wireless speakers.

So I was stuck at the office with a BeoCom than no one liked or could use, and at home I had a phone with a not so great sound.

I decided to swap the phones, and.....life has changed at the office and at home!

At the office, the Jensen phone was welcome because, unlike BeoCom 4, it has:

- a more stable base that prevents the phone from falling or not being properly connected for recharging,

- a more detailed display that operates like most cellphones on the market, so all people know how to read the info because they all know how a cellphone works;

- a far better keypad for office use, large fingers can find their way, the keys are very much like the ones on a BeoLink 1000 and dialing many different and unstored numbers is easy and fast; besides, the keypad is backlit, like cellphones, and there is a green & red key, so people know where to press to start and stop a conversation (unlike BC4);

- the office use is much more intuitive because it is designed as a cellphone, with the same logic & menus; and everyone knows how to use a cellphone;

- AND it has a handsfree mode, so conference call is at least possible, unlike any BeoCom.

At home, my BeoCom 4 brought back from the office was very welcome, because the superior sound was perfect for long conversations with friends and relatives, the unstable base became more stable because it was not at office desk level but at hand level, the tiny keys were not a problem because I always call the same people, so numbers are already stored and I only use the wheel (something no one could understand at the office), AND I have no more interference with my other products!

So my conclusion would be: what is good for the office may not be good for home, & vice-versa.

And what is good for me may not be good for others Geeked 

Reunion Island is greeting you!

• 02-02-2008 2:12 AM In reply to

I just dont get it!. Jensen keeps on making the same design lines on every single product in his portfolio. I guess some could call it linearage but to me it is a chunky Beolink 1000. Its just plain .....well..."seen before"
    As for the features of this phone or the Beocom, well thats a matter of choice of the manufacturer as to where he is pitching his product. The Beocom4 is a "low-end" product (as compared to the BC6000, BC2) and there was an office phone but only for a limited market.
    That aside, Jensen has no new ideas and B&O are definately better off with Lewis' ideas even if some of us find them strange.
    My 2 cents
    10%
  • 02-02-2008 6:11 AM In reply to

Not my cup of tea, I'm afraid. Nowhere near as good looking as all the Beocoms in the present range.

Beoworld's twenty-eighth ninth prize winner and fifty-first second prize winner. Best £30 I've ever spent!

• 02-02-2008 9:18 AM In reply to

Don't like that at all.
    "We can rebuild him. We have the technology." 7-40, 7-2, 9000, BS3, BC2, LC2, BC6000, Beo5
  • 02-03-2008 3:47 AM In reply to

• Dave
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Brisbane, Australia
    • Posts 2,328
    • Bronze Member

Looks like he's hanging on to those old but successful design concepts for dear life, oops!

Sad to see, the design of this phone looks very desperate and cheap. 

“Quality is never an accident; it is always the result of intelligent effort.”

Your health and well-being comes first and fore-most.

• 02-05-2008 11:04 PM In reply to

this is laughable.

Take a B&O remote keypad some cheap plastic and blend.

There seems to be a bit of a thing with looking to the past to find the future. The design of the new BL10 with BV4 is an example of this.

I think B&O need some fresh blood in the design department. While i do like the new BV4 with BL10, i am sure that it will not be well recieved by the general public.

If BL10 did more like have an integrated DVD player and BeoSystem 3 it could be an interesting product. sorry i've strayed off topic.

I don't like the phone.

jazz

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)