in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 09-01-2008 10:30 AM by Razlaw. 21 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (22 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 02-01-2008 8:08 AM

• Beolab
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 05-18-2007
    • Sweden
    • Posts 535
    • Bronze Member

My new BL 7-4 Dark grey don´t match with my BV 7 Dark Grey???

I have now changed to a new BL 7-4 instead of the BL 7-2...

But it is a huge difference in color nuance between the 7-4 and the BV7 ????

It looks like the 7-4 is dark grey and my BV7 light grey??

What should i do? Call my dealer and get a new one, because it doesn't look good when the colors don't blend or match at all..!??

Regards

BL8000 MkII Black

• 02-01-2008 8:16 AM In reply to

Re: My new BL 7-4 Dark grey don´t match with my BV 7 Dark Grey???

I think your dealer has ordered you the wrong colour. It looks like you have a BeoVision 7 silver with a Gun metal grey 7.4. I would speak to the dealer and demand it be changed to the silver 7.4. Probably ordered in error.

Good luck.

Vinnie

• 02-01-2008 9:10 AM In reply to

• Tom
    • Top 25 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Luxembourg
    • Posts 3,175
    • Bronze Member

I have a BV7 in silver, and your BV7 looks exactly as mine. I think your TV is silver, not dark grey. I would call my dealer to come and have a look at the setup and then ask him to change the speaker. But he should have known before what colour your TV is (if you have purchased the TV and the speaker at the same dealer.)

Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life. - Berthold Auerbach

• 02-01-2008 9:58 AM In reply to

I am more interested in the sound difference, have you noticed any major sound improvement in selecting 7.4?

I found with my 7.2 that sometimes during dvd playback, the speech is hardly audible and if I turn up the volume, then the background noise, music/sound effects ect, becomes too loud.   

• 02-01-2008 12:15 PM In reply to

• Beolab
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 05-18-2007
    • Sweden
    • Posts 535
    • Bronze Member

Trust me guys, the TV is dark grey...

But the front cover is much darker...

Look at an earlier picture and the TV look more dark grey than now?? Have the anodized aluminum faded out?

And Gun metal dark color dosen´t exist from B&o..

Red, Blue, Light Grey(Silver), Dark Grey and Black. 

BL8000 MkII Black

• 02-01-2008 1:22 PM In reply to

Probably a combination of 2 different reasons may cause the effect: 1. The frame of the bv is plain, solid metal, while the cover of the bl has a lot of little holes, making it naturally seem a little bit darker, bl7.4 having even more holes than bl7.1. 2. (And imho more important) is processing a coloured anodization a very, very difficult job. And it´s virtually impossible to match the exact shade of a coloured part, if you´re not doing it together with the first, original part on the same machine under exactly the same conditions with the same colour mixture to the same time. I´m working as an architect and we often use anodized alu for facade structures. If you want to match every part of the facade, you have to let the same company anodize every part to the same time. It´s f.i. not possible to buy profiles from one manufacturer and tin from the other or ordering parts months after the first were made. It will never match exactly. So this is down to B&O´s anodization skills, if they are able to reproduce the exact shade of an older part...

Kind regards, beoberlin 

• 02-03-2008 4:08 AM In reply to

• Dave
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Brisbane, Australia
    • Posts 2,328
    • Bronze Member

It looks black!

Definitely a question for your dealer, it's difficult to see the colour from these photos, because the flash affects how we see it.

“Quality is never an accident; it is always the result of intelligent effort.”

Your health and well-being comes first and fore-most.

• 02-03-2008 4:31 AM In reply to

Can 't you make some close-ups ?

Then the color-difference must be noticeable for us.

• 02-03-2008 5:28 AM In reply to

• Beolab
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 05-18-2007
    • Sweden
    • Posts 535
    • Bronze Member

I have spoken to my dealer now and he taught my problem sounded strange, and should contact B&o Denmark to see what they think about my close up photos.. Because My Bv7 is dark grey and the front cover on the BL7-4 is also dark grey according to his paper´s...?

And he also delivered the BL 7-4 to my door without the paper box, but i did the mounting of the speaker..

Because they use to have a dark grey BV-7  BL7-4 setup in the store and i got a photo of it.. And here you can not see a big difference in coloring like my setup.. So perhaps if B&o got an older BL 7-4 cover in the supply that was made during the 2006-2007 it might be a lighter anodized dark grey i think..

A poor picture from the store and at my home without flash. Only flashlight on the close-up´s..   

BL8000 MkII Black

• 02-03-2008 5:36 AM In reply to

• JoC
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 08-20-2007
    • Northern Ireland
    • Posts 121
    • Bronze Member

My BV7 and BL7-2 are both black, and yours definitely don't look black to me, so I would guess a dark grey, as for why it seems a different shade, sorry cant help with that.
  • 02-04-2008 2:29 AM In reply to

• Dave
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Brisbane, Australia
    • Posts 2,328
    • Bronze Member

The BL7.4 looks the same in both photos, it's your TV that looks too light (but the lighting is different). Honestly, the 7.4 appears darker in both photos mate.

I saw the picture with the 7.2, and i am going to say that it's the vertical versus horizontal shape of the grille that makes the difference. The top of the horizontal speaker curve picks up more light, rather than the vertical (same all the way down) speaker curve which doesn't reflect  much light.

Hate to say this, by my opinion is that the 7.4 is aesthetically a mistake, the horizontal speaker looks SO much better. The 7.4 looks like a boring hi-fi-shop speaker.

• 02-04-2008 4:33 AM In reply to

• Beolab
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 05-18-2007
    • Sweden
    • Posts 535
    • Bronze Member

Dave:

The BL7.4 looks the same in both photos, it's your TV that looks too light (but the lighting is different). Honestly, the 7.4 appears darker in both photos mate.

I saw the picture with the 7.2, and i am going to say that it's the vertical versus horizontal shape of the grille that makes the difference. The top of the horizontal speaker curve picks up more light, rather than the vertical (same all the way down) speaker curve which doesn't reflect  much light.

Hate to say this, by my opinion is that the 7.4 is aesthetically a mistake, the horizontal speaker looks SO much better. The 7.4 looks like a boring hi-fi-shop speaker.

I have changed because i´m about to buy BL5´s soon and the sound from the 7-2 doesn't match the BL5´s at all.... 

If anyone got a Bv7 Dark Grey with BL 7-4 Dark Grey on Beoworld i would be pleased if that guy can take some photos of his setup in a home environment.. Because in the B&o shop you cant see the contrast effect between the two units...

Regards 

BL8000 MkII Black

• 02-04-2008 6:05 AM In reply to

• moxxey
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-14-2007
    • South West, UK
    • Posts 2,360
    • Bronze Member

Dave:

I disagree and the consensus from other people who've seen the 7.2 compared to the 7.4 is that they much prefer the look of the 7.4. Also, the 7.4 performs very well when you have BL3s, BL9s or, like Beolab is suggesting, BL5's connected to the BV7.

If I had enough space (which may happen in the future), I'd have the BV7, 7.4, BL9's.

• 02-04-2008 6:40 AM In reply to

• symmes
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-21-2007
    • Freedonia
    • Posts 290
    • Bronze Member

"So perhaps if B&o got an older BL 7-4 cover in the supply that was made during the 2006-2007 it might be a lighter anodized dark grey i think."

If your dealer has his BL 7 and BV 7 color samples, perhaps you could take those home and compare them to your kit? 

r

• 02-04-2008 6:43 AM In reply to

• PL212
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2007
    • Moderator - Seattle
    • Posts 318
    • Bronze Member

aweicc:

I found with my 7.2 that sometimes during dvd playback, the speech is hardly audible and if I turn up the volume, then the background noise, music/sound effects ect, becomes too loud.   

Honestly that sounds like a problem in either the surround sound processor or the connections between it and the speakers. The centre channel will normally carry dialogue almost exclusively, especially in movies. Double-check the setup menus so that the correct speakers are chosen for all positions, and see if there's a "white noise" test which will let you hear all speakers one by one...
  • 02-04-2008 9:31 AM In reply to

• moxxey
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-14-2007
    • South West, UK
    • Posts 2,360
    • Bronze Member

Beolab,

The Bath B&O have the same setup as you and it's the same on their system! The speaker is way darker than the gunmetal BV7-40. Apparently this is how it's supposed to be with the 7.4, due to the design of the speaker. ie the holes in the grille make it appear darker.

Indeed, it almost looks black compared to the dark grey TV.

• 08-31-2008 11:08 PM In reply to

Does this color issue exist with the  BV7 in red or blue?

Beovision 7-55 with Beolab 7-4, 9s and 4000s

Beovision 10-40 with Beolab 1s and 6000s

Beosound 1, 5, 2000, and 3000

Beotime, Beotalk, Beocoms

• 08-31-2008 11:26 PM In reply to

• Dave
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Brisbane, Australia
    • Posts 2,328
    • Bronze Member

I saw a red one with the 7.4 and it looked great.

• 09-01-2008 2:09 AM In reply to

ok, i think i know why... you said the dealer didnt supply a box... humm...

when i got mine, caged, the 7-4 i ordered was silver, but when i looked at it, standing up, it looked darker.... no wait, it was dirt!!

The entire front-panel was filthy... the dealer offered to send me a replacement front panel, however i returned the whole system back, and got it all brand new, box still sealed. no problems...

could that be the reason?

Only a suggestion////

• 09-01-2008 8:31 AM In reply to

So yours is silver and both parts match?  

• 09-01-2008 8:41 AM In reply to

me? yeah.
  • 09-01-2008 10:30 AM In reply to

Dave:
    I saw a red one with the 7.4 and it looked great.

Thanks!

Page 1 of 1 (22 items)