in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 02-03-2008 4:07 AM by Keith Saunders. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-31-2008 4:32 PM

• banger2004
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 09-13-2007
    • Clanfield Hampshire
    • Posts 14
    • Bronze Member

BEO 5 serialization failure

Hi,

I've had a Beo5 for a few months now and all was working fine. Sky updated their channel listings and so I had to re-configure it.

However, when I tried to download the latest configuration, it stated that it had failed and now wont update it at all.

I got the following error message

Serialization started ...
    Parsing beo 4 config ...
    Beo 4 configuration parsed. Nr of buttons =996. Time elapsed (ms) =1016
    Parsing beo 5 config ...
    System.FormatException: Input string was not in a correct format.
       at System.Number.StringToNumber(String str, NumberStyles options, NumberBuffer& number, NumberFormatInfo info, Boolean parseDecimal)
       at System.Number.ParseInt32(String s, NumberStyles style, NumberFormatInfo info)
       at Beo5_Config_Tool.Serializer.IR_CODE_T.ParseIrString(String ir_string)
       at Beo5_Config_Tool.Serializer.BUTTON_T.ParseButtonIr(XmlNode node, XmlNode ir_attribute, XmlNode ir_attribute2, Int32 event_type, SpecialButtonInfo& buttonInfo, Boolean use_special_button)
       at Beo5_Config_Tool.Serializer.BUTTON_T.ParseButtonIrs(XmlNode node, SpecialButtonInfo& buttonInfo, Boolean use_special_button)
       at Beo5_Config_Tool.Serializer.BUTTON_T.ParseButtonRecursively(XmlNode node, Int32 page, Int16 parent_caption_id, Boolean isBeo4Xml, Boolean keepCurrentId, Boolean parseIRs)
       at Beo5_Config_Tool.Serializer.BUTTON_T.ParseButtonRecursively(XmlNode node, Int32 page, Int16 parent_caption_id, Boolean isBeo4Xml, Boolean keepCurrentId, Boolean parseIRs)
       at Beo5_Config_Tool.Serializer.BUTTON_T.Beo5_Config_Tool.Serializer.ISerializable.ParseXml(XmlDocument xmlDoc, Beo5Config _beo5Config, Boolean isBeo4Xml)
       at Beo5_Config_Tool.Serializer.Beo5Config.Beo5_Config_Tool.Serializer.ISerializable.ParseXml(XmlDocument xml_doc, Beo5Config beo5Config, Boolean isBeo4Xml)
       at Beo5_Config_Tool.Serializer.ConfigSerializer.SerializeXML(XmlDocument _xmlBeo4, XmlDocument _xmlBeo5, String _outFilename)
       at Beo5_Config_Tool.Serializer.ConfigSerializer.StartSerialization()

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!

• 01-31-2008 7:44 PM In reply to

Re: BEO 5 serialization failure

Alright, I can't tell you specifically what is askew in this error message, but I can give you some general advice. The Beo 5 won't serialize if some values (a value could be anything from a icon name to an IR string) are not "what it's looking for." For example, I changed the name of a source (from DVD2 to BLU-RAY) and it would not serialize. I traced my steps back to that. After changing it back it worked fine.

Simply delete the changes you've made in reverse order until it will serialize and you'll likely find the error you made.

I'm sure there's a better answer out there, but I didn't want to leave you hanging.

There is scarcely anything in this world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little more cheaply. The person who buys on price alone is this man's lawful prey. - John Ruskin

• 02-01-2008 4:53 PM In reply to

• banger2004
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 09-13-2007
    • Clanfield Hampshire
    • Posts 14
    • Bronze Member

Hi!

Many thanks for the advice. I've done exactly that and ahev found the problem!

I palced a posting the website a little while ago, saying that I wanted to program one button that would lower the light, turn on all five speakers and in future do other things! I called this button Cinema.

My problem is that I couldn't get it work as nit would only carry out the first part of the command i.e. the light.

Somebody on Beoworld suggested to introduce a delay into the Ir commnads and it is the delay that has caused all the problems!

So, beware of delays, or perhaps I used them wrong! But does anyone know how to program the above command?

• 02-02-2008 6:54 AM In reply to

Send me your "Configuration.xml" file and I will have a look at it for you. I will send you a PM with my e-mail address for the attached file.

Regards Keith....

• 02-02-2008 12:56 PM In reply to

• banger2004
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 09-13-2007
    • Clanfield Hampshire
    • Posts 14
    • Bronze Member

Hi Keith, Many thanks, but I've been able to sort it now.

I worked backwards until I found the problem 'button' and it's IR code.

My intention was to create a button amrked 'Cinema' which would lower the lights and also force speaker 5 mode. I started off by copying the light setting and pasting it into the position I wanted and re-named it. I added a delay of 250ms and then the sound command and then the 5 command.

As soon as the delay was present in the Ir command, the serlization failed! Take the delay out and it was fine, although I still can't get the 'macro' to work!

Paul

• 02-03-2008 4:07 AM In reply to

Paul,

Be aware that copying some functions and then modifying them can create problems due to issue with the configuration tool.

However, you should still be able to achieve your goal with the "Cinema" button macro, but you will have to setup all the items manually, i.e. not copying a function like the lights. Are you using Lutron lights ?

Regards Keith....

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)