in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 02-02-2008 7:07 AM by Keith Saunders. 6 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-29-2008 4:12 PM

Beo 4 AV function on Beo 5

I have just got the beo 5 and can`t find the AV "button" there. On the beo 4 I use list - AV - cd to get music while wathing tv, how do I do this on the beo 5?

See hear feel B&O.

• 01-29-2008 7:33 PM In reply to

Re: Beo 4 AV function on Beo 5

Mvh Andybandy - MX 7000 - Earset A8 - (dream about a BV7-40 bluray tv)

• 01-30-2008 2:36 AM In reply to

The AV button will be available unless your dealer has deleted it or hidden it, if they have just hidden it, you can un-hide it yourself by going into the SETUP menu. To see how to do that follow the instructions in the Beo5 FAQ HERE

By default, if the dealer uses the configuration tool normally, then the AV button will be available

Regards Keith....

• 01-30-2008 1:49 PM In reply to

Thanx! Fixed it now..

See hear feel B&O.

• 01-31-2008 2:12 PM In reply to

gabriel:

Thanx! Fixed it now..

But it didn`t work! nothing happens when I push AV, so guess I have to make my third trip to my dealer with this remote...

See hear feel B&O.

• 01-31-2008 7:55 PM In reply to

The AV button is a tricky one. There are certain buttons (usually identified by the ellipse [...] following the name) that have a unique and uncorruptable constitution. As soon as they are touched or looked at in any way, they cease to work. The problem is a known one and will likely be hased out in a coming software update. There are apparently characteristics to the command that are not included in the values that a programmer can affect.

That being (awkwardly) said, I have made my own life easy since my setup requires lots of AVing, and simply given myself pre-AVed commands for things. You can do this by making the AV command inherent in the IR string. It will look like this 00.000.RADIO.TV for AV TV, or 00.000.TV.CD, for AV CD depending on which master you're acting on. In my home, I have an MX with a BC9000 connected via datalink. To use the speakers attached to the MX, I would issue an audio command to a video product. This way my AV button is unneccessary.

I can't imagine that helping, but there it is all the same.

There is scarcely anything in this world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little more cheaply. The person who buys on price alone is this man's lawful prey. - John Ruskin

• 02-02-2008 7:07 AM In reply to

Further to TripEnglish's statement, please be aware that changing anything to a command ending with ".." such as "AV.." or "Channel.." other than adding a logo will give problems, either serialisation errors or a subsequent blank screen where there is a sub-menu.

So, as a general rule any command automatically provided by the tool which ends with ".." should be left alone except for adding a logo if you wish.

Creating a Cinema button which controls the light levels and other functions should not be a problem.

Regards Keith....

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)