in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 05-01-2007 2:19 PM by Kimmy. 33 replies.
Page 2 of 2 (34 items) < Previous 1 2
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 04-28-2007 4:40 PM In reply to

Re: Just saw it today

Alex:
    Standard Definition picture is fantastic! More of the same upscaling you see in the BeoSystem 3....

You had fun, then, in the store! I liked that TV from the first moment I saw it. Also really appreciate its expressive styling, particularly on the floor stand. Pure sculpture when seen from the side and straight on. Very good and bright screen. 

• 04-29-2007 3:11 PM In reply to

• Pushkin
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 04-19-2007
    • London
    • Posts 50
    • Bronze Member

Well - have decided to put my money where my mouth is and order one - don't know about delivery times yet but when I finally get it I will provide an update on what its actually like to live with.  I am a fairly unlikely customer as my first reactions of the pictures were negative, and am not usually convinced by the low end of B&O -  but seeing and especially hearing it in the 'flesh' I know understand why B&O created it. 
  • 04-29-2007 3:13 PM In reply to

I'll be getting one soon too.
  • 04-29-2007 6:13 PM In reply to

• Alex
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Bath & Cardiff, UK
    • Posts 2,990
    • Bronze Member

Henry:
    I'll be getting one soon too.

For your room?

Weekly top artists:                   

• 04-30-2007 2:24 AM In reply to

Probably. It's so much brighter than the BV7.
  • 04-30-2007 12:11 PM In reply to

• Pushkin
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 04-19-2007
    • London
    • Posts 50
    • Bronze Member

Yes for the bedroom as an occasional TV and small room link speaker (ML)
  • 04-30-2007 3:57 PM In reply to

• Mark
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Posts 11
    • Bronze Member

Re: BV8 - my first view and observations

Bought one with a floor stand from my local dealer over the weekend.  The floor stand is very sturdy - matt painted cast metal - I assume steel.

The TV looks much better (to my eye) in real life as opposed to photos and fits well with my BC 3200 and BL6s (black frets).  I think it will continue to grow on me. The picture is excellent - I felt better than the 6-26. Very sharp and good in low light with good motion handling. Sound is also impressive and I can use the BL6000s through the BC 3200 for DVDs etc when more bass is required.

The connections seem OK for a 'real lfe' set up with two scarts and hdmi option for when I upgrade to HD (when suficient material is available). I'm not too worried about the lack of a digital tuner as I use Sky.

One moan - there is no option to set a PIN - odd when some of the lower priced audio units have this facility. I am likely to bite the bullet and get a video stand when they are available as it is impossible to conceal the Sky box and DVD player.

Not a cheap option but a quality product and superior to the Loewe offerings at a similar price point.  It will certainly do for a few years until I can save up the cash to get a 7-32.

Beosystem5000,CDX,S45,BS1,BS3200,BL6000,BV8-26,A8)
  • 05-01-2007 1:29 PM In reply to

• moxxey
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-14-2007
    • South West, UK
    • Posts 2,360
    • Bronze Member

Saw the BV8 today connected to a HD source and I must say the screen was absolutely spot on and certainly a lot brighter than my (now old) BV7-32. Wasn't too dissimilar to the BV9, which was showing the same HD channel.

Getting to like this TV, a lot. Looking forward to the 32". I'm thinking this, flanked by two BL3s, and an updated BC2, will make an excellent combination.

The only (!) downside is the lack of a DVB-T module, but I suppose it isn't needed if you have a Sky subscription.
  • 05-01-2007 2:19 PM In reply to

• Kimmy
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Posts 25
    • Bronze Member

Hi,

I'm wondering, if the picture quality would be good enough for using it as a PC screen. I tend to buy a BV 8 instead of a BV6 (which became my "first love" bevore the release of BV8). BV8 seems to me more compact and less "TV".

Have anyone tested it as a display already? would be nice to use it at my home office. Maybe I have to take my notebook and go for a visit to my B&O dealer. Unfortunately they haven't got it yet.

If anyone has some experience with using it as screen, just drop me some line.

Tx in advance!

regards kimmy

Page 2 of 2 (34 items) < Previous 1 2