in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 03-01-2008 7:24 AM by magnushj. 9 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-28-2008 3:35 PM

Servicing a LC1

Hello,

My LC 1 died all of a sudden :-(.  I suspect one of the capacitors has suffered from heat and age.

But it hard to access the LC1.  If've removed the bottom and a second screw, by which I hoped the body would slide out of the case, but that isn't so.  I don't dare to force the nice little thing.

Has anybody some advice?

Kind regards

Joost 

• 01-28-2008 3:45 PM In reply to

Re: Servicing a LC1

Hi Joost,

you have checked the fuse inside?

Martin

• 01-28-2008 4:34 PM In reply to

Hello Martin,

I checked the fuse and it looked ok.

But, as you know, I'm an apprentice in this kind of things and I'm so ashamed, but when I tried to measure things out, I made a short-circuit in the LC.... a bang, a lightflash and now a black LC1.. :-(.

I shouldn't be in the Workbench-section, but in the schoolbench-section I guess.... :-( :-(  I'm afraid, now the bin is the only way to go.  What a shame, but all my fault...

Joost 

• 01-28-2008 5:08 PM In reply to

Hi Joost,

do you think that my beginnings were different?Devil What doesn't kill you makes you stronger! Especially when you are working on a 27kV high voltage transformator, creating beautiful sparks Cool

I'm engineer for mechanical design, not for electronics... but 35 years repairing tv's, pc's, audio equipment and racing cars does make some experience.

The first tv did not survive 5 minutes Devil.... but it was not so expensive like a B&O.

Martin

• 01-29-2008 6:20 AM In reply to

Hi Martin,

Thanks.  Now I feel a bit less miserable.Embarrassed  I'm a building engineer for life... That explains a lot, I think Wink

Is there a chance that I could revive my black LC1?  I think/hope that the touchpanelside isn't damaged.  But the 220V side is heavly burned.  I'm afraid a lot of SMDs are melted, but the fuse survived.. Unsure

kind regards
    Joost

• 01-29-2008 12:41 PM In reply to

Joost,

i think this LC1 is gone... i have some more of this kind on my desk. Burnt, incomplete, scratched... typical Ebay scrap.

Maybe there will be a Workshop LC1 one day...CoolWhistle

Martin

• 02-04-2008 9:08 AM In reply to

Could you describe how your LC1 is connected to the supply and the lamp. I have one but do not know which connection is which

Stuart

• 02-10-2008 1:29 PM In reply to

Well,

In my version is wasn't difficult.  The LC just has one side that goes in the powersocket in the wall and on the other side you can put the powersocket of the lamp.  The LC1 only works with classical light bulbs.

kind regards

Joost 

• 03-01-2008 7:02 AM In reply to

• magnushj
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 08-16-2007
    • Trondheim, Norway
    • Posts 139
    • Silver Member

I have the new same problem as Stuart. Both cables are cut, so I don't know which is which.

Can someone who owns a LC1 have a look and tell me, when you look at the bottom and read the text printed there, if the upper left corner or the lower right corner is connected to the supply? 

Beocenter 9500+Beolab Penta mk2+Avant+MX7000+Beosound Ouverture+1xBeolab 6000 :)
  • 03-01-2008 7:24 AM In reply to

• magnushj
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 08-16-2007
    • Trondheim, Norway
    • Posts 139
    • Silver Member

Nevermind, I figured it out.Upper left!
    Beocenter 9500+Beolab Penta mk2+Avant+MX7000+Beosound Ouverture+1xBeolab 6000 :)
Page 1 of 1 (10 items)