in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 01-29-2008 1:08 AM by Bingo. 35 replies.
Page 2 of 2 (36 items) < Previous 1 2
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-27-2008 5:57 PM In reply to

• Bieele
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Netherlands
    • Posts 339
    • Bronze Member

Re: Some BeoVision news

Beoik:

I think B&O is distorting there company with the price level of there beovisions.

In the past anyone who wants to buy a let say an avant , could do that if he put some money apart for some time. Now it's impossible for a big group of potential customers to buy a beovision 4 or 9. Which force them to buy a different brand.

What when in the future they need a new audio system, they don't have to stay with B&O because an important part of there system is not B&O anymore. Why not buy an new dvd player from the same brand as the plasma screen. 

So Denmark, please lower the prices, keep them high enough to be exclusive (we can life with that), but otherwise i am afraid in a few years time we all have to buy samsung/lc/sony because B&O doesn't exist anymore.

I agree; Before the flat screen empire I could reason myself into buying an Avant because I knew I was buying the best TV in the world for about double the price of the most expensive Philips (pick any other main stream brand if you like) TV. As a bonus I got perfect integration and great style.

Now I am looking at the tv range and wonder what is the best way to keep using all my beo-gear when I need to swap my master unit (currently an avant); also see my post about trying to re-use as much as possible from the Avant (post is called "Avant as center speaker").

But I am afraid that lowering prices will not occur! 

Regards,

Bieele 

Heej zuij der alles veur gaeve En heej zaet ze mogen ut hebbe van meej
  • 01-27-2008 6:38 PM In reply to

• Jez
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 06-13-2007
    • Posts 150
    • Bronze Member

moxxey:

Jez:
    I think the new BV4 50" is likely to be offered on BV7 stand with BL10, like an AV9000 look, nice! Also got news that BeoSound 5 is also to be offered as BeoMaster 5 and that BeoMedia 1 will be discontinued. BeoSystem 3 will finally get full HD tuners built in to match 1080 screens..

What do you mean by full HD tuners? My BS3 displays 1080p content.

I could understand the BeoSound being renamed 'BeoMaster' though. From what I hear, it's an audio-only product though, so I can't understand how it could offer more than me buying a Mac Mini and using this with an Airport Express + Remote Buddy on an iPod Touch? That's a £600 option and works superbly.

Don't know about the market that your in but in Australia, the screens are 1080 but the tuners offered are still Standard def and a HD tuner is not going to be offered till later this year. 

• 01-27-2008 7:28 PM In reply to

Does the SD tuner really matter that much? Most I would assume receive their signal via cable or satellite I assume so no internal tuner is needed.

Cheers

JK 

BS9000, BS2300, BC2, BL2500, BL3, Bl2, BS1, BV8, BC4, A8

• 01-27-2008 7:39 PM In reply to

• expoman
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • United States
    • Posts 222
    • Bronze Member

True,

I hear the Beovision 8 going on sale in the US and Japan has no tuner at all.  You have to have a cable or satellite box to use with it.  This may be the future for B&O?  

• 01-28-2008 3:59 AM In reply to

i'll never say bno tv's are expensive again after taking a look at sony's new 70 inch lcd

the 52 inch is a very good value £2.500 but the 70 " is a mind blowing £25,000 !!! 

ten times the price for another 18 inches - oh crikey

plus it looks utterly awful compared to the stunning and £10k less bv9 ! 

popgear is grate™

• 01-28-2008 5:49 AM In reply to

Jez:
    I thinBeoSound 5 is also to be offered as BeoMaster 5

Can you elaborate? 

• 01-28-2008 6:27 AM In reply to

Flappo The Grate:

i'll never say bno tv's are expensive again after taking a look at sony's new 70 inch lcd

the 52 inch is a very good value £2.500 but the 70 " is a mind blowing £25,000 !!! 

But that's included a center speaker en and surround speakers i assume , compare that to b&o 65 inch bv4 incl. speakers!

• 01-28-2008 10:43 AM In reply to

no , it's just the tv !

the stand is extra !!!! 

no speakers ( apart from the weedy 11w+11w built in ) 

at least the bv9's got an internal hard disk as well and amazing audio as standard

the sony hasn't even got that !! !!! 

very surprised to say the elast 

popgear is grate™

• 01-28-2008 11:47 PM In reply to

• Jez
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 06-13-2007
    • Posts 150
    • Bronze Member

wtlc2zpx:

Jez:
    I thinBeoSound 5 is also to be offered as BeoMaster 5

Can you elaborate? 

All I was told was " BeoMaster 5, BeoSound 5 later this year". I'm assuming that the BeoSound 5 would be music sources only and BeoMaster maybe a BeoMedia 1 replacement. 

• 01-28-2008 11:49 PM In reply to

• Jez
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 06-13-2007
    • Posts 150
    • Bronze Member

Cable/ Sat in Australia is pay t.v only.
  • 01-29-2008 1:08 AM In reply to

Flappo The Grate:

The price of that Sony is so high because that 70 inh model uses LED backlighting. A very expensive technology in big sizes, yet !!

Page 2 of 2 (36 items) < Previous 1 2