in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 01-26-2008 6:10 PM by SWISS_2. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-26-2008 2:23 PM

• Hughie
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Walton-On-Thames
    • Posts 38
    • Bronze Member

Beoport/Beomedia

Dear All

just need a little clarification on beoport & beomedia, are these stand alone products or do you need beoport as well as beomedia? I just need to make up my mind about installing beomedia - as to where I need to add beoport product as well.  I have read that otehr members have both but was not sure if both were needed - would perfer to just add beomedia to my system

Thanks

Hughie

Filed under: , ,
  • 01-26-2008 3:57 PM In reply to

• Quim43
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 11-15-2007
    • Tarragona (Catalonia)
    • Posts 1,030
    • Gold Member

Re: Beoport/Beomedia

Hi

You don't need both, it depends of what you want. With a Beomedia installed in your system, you will listen your digital music and internet radio, and watch your photos on your TV. Its a good product, I love it.

Regards

Quim

• 01-26-2008 4:16 PM In reply to

• Hughie
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Walton-On-Thames
    • Posts 38
    • Bronze Member

Hi

many thanks for the clarification in my school boy error - I intend to install a beomedia but did not want to go to the inconvenience of extra wires etc, I can accomodate the beomedia without to much problem but adding the beoport would have been messy!

Cheers, Hughie

• 01-26-2008 6:10 PM In reply to

• SWISS_2
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Neuchatel, Suisse
    • Posts 552
    • Gold Member

Hughie;

Both are each excellent products.

The BEOPORT, which was released first,  connects to your PC or MAC and certain B&O music systems. It allows you to access: N.RADIO, N.MUSIC, PHOTOS, TV, local RADIO CD, and PC. Using certain XP PC programs it also allows VIDEO clips to be played, such as MY VIDEOS. I do not know about Vista, as I avoid it like the Plague, and now use a MAC Leopard + MS XP combination.

You can control the BEOPORT using the BEO 4./ BEO 5 remotes, or your computer mouse, on screen.  If you are set for Master Link, features and access are expanded to different rooms, using the same remotes.

BEOMEDIA, the newer product, is a separate unit, with more features than the BEOPORT. When you first program BEOMEDIA,  it allows all of the features above in BEOPORT, plus surfing the Internet stations or web favorites you assigned in the set-up. I control the BEOMEDIA strictly with the BEO4 remote, which I think was the point.

I use both with BEO 4 remotes in different countries + locations. Both are connected to Home Theatre systems with non-B&O flatscreens, and they work very well.

If you wish to enjoy something today, your choice of the BEOMEDIA is a good decision. Then there is the the future possibility of the yet to be released BS 5.

There has been speculation and discussion here about the BS 5 product which is quite interesting, but this appears to be many months, or possibly 1 year away. Based upon comments from members in the know, it appears to include BEOMEDIA and digital memory storage + recording, in addition to radio, cd, and possibly other innovative features.

Looking at some of the recent Sony PC products, one can speculate on what the BS 5 would feature, and look like combined with a B&O flatscreen. This could be one logical development pattern of evolution expected in the Beosystem products. Food for thought.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)