in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 01-27-2008 9:44 AM by mikeclem. 13 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (14 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-25-2008 4:09 PM

BEO4 & Sky + STB (Thompson)

Hi All,

Just joined the site, in need of some help. Just got Sky installed and want to use my beo4 remote, I have read that this is possible and confirmed my Beovision3 has the right software. Just can't get the IR thing to operate the box. It used to operate a freeview box via the V-Aux option. Should the IR transmitter flash a red light or something when the SAT button is pressed on the beo4? I can't see anything happening and am not sure if its broken.

Thanks

Filed under:
  • 01-25-2008 5:19 PM In reply to

Re: BEO4 & Sky + STB (Thompson)

Hi,

If you have the correct software on your BeoVision 3 it should not be too difficult. I think you may have it set up incorrectly tho.  Go to Connections in the BV3 menu, select which ever AV scart you have the Sky + connected to press GO, then scroll through the options to find DTV/SAT and then press GO, your Set top box controller list should appear, scroll down to Pace sky + (or if Thompson Sky+ is listed then select that one instead), then press Go to store that. It will then ask you when you want the sky box to switch off, for it to Follow TV or Never switch off etc, choose which one you desire.

Once all this has been stored, it should be plain sailing, but check the IR cable is plugged in to the TV and that the IR sensor is placed correctly on  the sky+ box (may need to play around with the placement).

I hope this helps.

Vinnie.

• 01-25-2008 5:29 PM In reply to

If this works, try pressing Menu on the Beo4 you should get a list appear on the left hand side of the screen. Press the appropriate buttons to get to the Sky function you require.
  • 01-25-2008 5:35 PM In reply to

Remember that the normal Sky codes do not work a Sky+ box. You may need a software update if Sky+ is not on the list.
  • 01-26-2008 5:06 AM In reply to

• Kokomo
    • Top 100 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 08-21-2007
    • Spain
    • Posts 618
    • Bronze Member

Three things:-

1. Check your stb is listed in the menu as described previously in posts.

2. If not, a software update may be possible to include the particular make of box - if not your stuck!

3. If above OK then very important, ensure the small transmitter from your BV3 is stuck at the correct postion on the front of the box. It's very critical and a couple of mm can make the difference. Where the remote indicator light flashes on the front isn't necessarily where the reception sensor is! I make this last point because my dealer's 'technician' stuck it on the front off my Sky+ which didn't work. He shrugged his shoulders and said there was nothing more he could do. When he left I experimented with moving the small transmitter and hey presto it worked.

• 01-26-2008 7:46 AM In reply to

Cheers Vinnie, i'll try this today
  • 01-26-2008 7:47 AM In reply to

Thanks for the help guys, hope it works, my local dealer quoted me £27 for the lead with IR module and £55 call out.............
  • 01-26-2008 11:00 AM In reply to

OK I can follow exactly everything you listed up the point where it should ask me when I want the sky box to turn off, at that point when I press go it flashes the box list off then on and selects the pace sky+ option that i previously chose (thompson one not listed) then press go again it goes back to the main menu???

Any clues???

Thanx

Mike

• 01-26-2008 2:58 PM In reply to

Have you the manual? You need to do just what you are doing right up to the bit when you select the box! Press Go to select it, but instead of pressing Go again, press Exit and that stores it.
  • 01-27-2008 9:01 AM In reply to

I got the manual, and I've tried doind as you said, I think the IR zapper lead might be bust it just does'nt respond to anything. The Sky+ box is a Thomson DSI18 and is not listed in the Beo3 menu, there are 2 thomson options which I have tried and I tried the Pace Sky+ and Sky Digital option all to no avail.
  • 01-27-2008 9:11 AM In reply to

The Pace Sky+ codes should work. It certainly worked with my Amstrad (till it blew up!) Does the remote light flash on the Sky box when you use the Beo4? I take it that the Sky+ remote works fine? Try altering the position of the IR blaster. You can see if it is working by taking a picture with a digital camera.
  • 01-27-2008 9:21 AM In reply to

OK good I can rule out the coding and stick with the Pace Sky+ option. The remote light does not flash when I use the Beo4, I have continually pressed the SAT or Go button on the remote and moved the blaster around and away from the eye on the box but it will not respond, if I press and hold the Sat button and then take a picture what should I see
  • 01-27-2008 9:26 AM In reply to

The end of the IR blaster will light up - should be a pinky colour!
  • 01-27-2008 9:44 AM In reply to

can't see anything happening the cable must be dead, looks like its time to shell out £27, thanks for your help anyway
Page 1 of 1 (14 items)